Monday, June 8, 2009

What To Do In Omaha - Joslyn Art Museum

One of the reasons to love the Joslyn Art Museum in Omaha (besides the free admission to a work class art museum) is this Dale Chihuly piece. It's actually quite large but my daughter took this great close up. This piece sits in the entry atrium. I think it would be a great place to put a few comfy chairs so readers could enjoy this magnificent piece while enjoying a great book and taking a break from exploring the latest exhibits. 

 The museum has also, just this weekend, opened a new sculpture garden on the front grounds. I'm not sure I can talk them into the chairs in the atrium idea but I know they'd let me sit out on the lawns to enjoy the sculpture while I'm reading. Maybe next Sunday when I'm recovering from a night of the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life....


4 comments:

  1. The art museum in Auburn, AL has a beautiful chandelier made by Chihuly - I never got tired of looking at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this in Oklahoma City? If not, there is an enormous Dale Chihuly piece in the entrance there as well. His stuff is very aquatic to me... very serene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, Heather--this one is in Omaha. His stuff is amazing, isn't it. Wouldn't you love to have a piece? Although I'm not sure he does anything that's not just enormous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just recently discovered your blog and so glad I did! I live in Tacoma, Wa where we are fortunate to have Chihuly everywhere! So many astounding creations... Looking forward to visiting often!

    ReplyDelete