Friday, October 23, 2009

24 Hour Read-a-thon--A Plan of Action

Finally, finally this morning I admitted to myself that, yes, I was going to take the plunge and commit to reading for 24 hours straight. This is only working because my husband is going to be out of town for part of the day so will not be pestering me to go do something else.

I have this lovely stack of books that I had planned to take a picture of but Miss H has my camera right now so a list will just have to do for me.

I'm starting with The Postmistress by Sarah Blake which I'm about 2/3 of the way through, then I'll finish up The Last Beach Bungalow by Jennie Nash. Then we'll just see what I'm in the mood for; the books I've got ready are:

Olive Kitteridge by Elizabeth Strout
Wait Till Next Year by Doris Kearns Goodwin
The Unnatural History of Cypress Parish by Elise Blackwell
Raising A Reader by Jennie Nash
The Imposter's Daughter by Laurie Sandell
The Man Who Loved Books Too Much by Allison Hoover Bartlett
Intimations of Austen by Jane Greensmith

If I'm really reading like a maniac and finish all of these, I will have read three library books, next months selection for my face to face book club, three books I need to review and one challenge book (which just happens to tie into the World Series perfectly).

I have my snacks ready, the coffee maker set to go off early and lunch already made for the kids. Thanks to all of your great tips, I think I'm ready. We'll see what I think when the alarm goes off in the morning!

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a heavy duty list! I finished The Postmistress the other day - definitely got better as it progressed. Good luck with reading all of them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, some real heavy books. You should think of mixing up some lighter stuff too! ")

    But it would like wow, if you get through all the books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! So glad you decided to join, Lisa. Impostor's Daughter will be a breeze.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am VERY much looking forward to the read-athon, although I harbor no thoughts of reading for 24 hours straight --- I am impressed with your perseverance!

    Best of luck --- and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Olive K is a good one...hope you enjoy it. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good looking list for possibilities. Happy reading today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck on the read a thon! Maybe in quite a few years when my wee one is way older! INtimations of Austen is just amazing and it's a fast read so make sure you get that one in! You won't be disappointed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great morning here in South Alabama, just the perfect time to grab that cup of coffee and read, read, read!!! So keep up the great reading and enjoy!!!
    Rebecca
    the Transcendentalists team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! That's a big goal... good luck! Sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I too am doing little things on the side so no one will say anything about all the reading I'm doing!! Your list of books look great. Have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Did you see the great segment on MJ with DKG and RE talking about the Monuments Men? http://bit.ly/80KnZ

    ReplyDelete