Sunday, October 25, 2009

Dewey's Read-a-thon 20 Hours In

Finally, finally made it through the shortest book I've read today. It's definitely getting late because it's certainly not that I didn't like Intimations of Austen. I pondered going with
something not in my original stack for my next book but I'm sticking with The Imposter's Daughter because I think it might be the only way I'll be able to stay awake; it's so different...and bright, and I need bright at this point!

Books read: 3
Pages read: 493
Time spent reading: I have no idea; next read-a-thon I'll do a better job of keeping up with all of these statistics
Mini-challenges completed: none--I was having a hard enough time getting to as much reading as I wanted to. Again...next time!

5 comments:

  1. Yup, there are good and bad readathon books. I've discarded several today! Hope Impostor's Daughter is better!

    You're doing great!

    In terms of keeping track, I keep a spreadsheet with columns for different categories. It's a life saver!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am almost done with the challenge, only over an hour to read. I started at 1pm Finnish time and it is almost 12 now. But I think I will be cheering others for the last couple of hours.
    I had to sleep for a while, my back was hurting so much that I felt like I am not able to sit anymore.

    GOOD LUCK FOR THE REST OF THE CHALLENGE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for prioritizing reading over the mini-challenges; they are for fun and to give a break but not necessary for a successful readathon. DO stop by my Hour 16 post tho - I know you'll have some good sugs (and if you DID, sorry - missed it?) :) CHEERS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in awe of you read-a-thoners! Do you think you'll retain at the same level as your normal reading or higher or lower? Looking forward to reading your reviews after sleep and digestion :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jane, I really made an effort to mark passages more than I usually do and I did try not to push through to quickly.

    ReplyDelete