1. You must post the rules.
2. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them on your post.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them!
Suey's Questions For Me:
1. Do you bake? What's your favorite thing to make? I love to bake - I
2. What's your favorite quote? "No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
3. What's your biggest pet peeve? Drivers who think they are in more of hurry to get where they're going than any of the rest of us.
4. Who's your current favorite TV couple? (or movie, or book couple) Patrick Jane and Teresa Lisbon from The Mentalist. Okay, I know they aren't a "couple" at the moment but you just know they're going to get there!
5. Where's the best place you've ever visited? Any beach!
6. What would you do if you could do anything for a whole day? If I'm home, it would be to go out for a wonderful brunch then spend the whole day reading without anyone turning the television on and my wonderful hubby bringing dinner home for me.
7. Look on the floor by your bed... do you have books there? How many? No - but only because I just rearranged all of my books and finally found homes for all of the books that were there.
8. What's the best book you've read so far this year (since January)? Rules of Civility by Amor Towles - first one I've loved this year.
9. What's your favorite book genre? literary fiction
10. What are you making for dinner tonight? Linguine in cream sauce with prosciutto.
11. Why eleven questions? Any guesses? Because everyone else does ten? Don't know.
Now for Lisa's Questions:
1. Could you eat the same thing for lunch every day? Nope. I've done the same thing several days in a row but then I'm burned out on it. What would it be?
2. How many library books do you have checked out right now? None. I don't go to the library any more. I check out entirely too many books then get them back late because I'm so determined to finish them before I return them.
3. Do you feel strongly about specific music? or more of a music in general type person? Not necessarily strongly but maybe that's because I like so many different kinds of music. Except country - there is almost no country music that I like.
4. What is your favorite brick and mortar retail store? The one I'm in the most would definitely be Target but my real favorites are antique and second hand stores.
5. What is your favorite online store? I don't really shop online. I'm all about being able to inspect what I'm buying.
6. What is your favorite moment of heartstopping romantic tension? (Book, movie, music, tv, real life, art, anywhere.) The scene in the Keira Knightley version of "Pride and Prejudice" where Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy meet in the field toward the end of the movie. I know it didn't happen in the book that way but that scene is beautiful and the script is marvelous!
7. What is the first book you remember reading? The first book I can actually remembering reading myself would have to be one of the Dick and Jane books.
8. Are you creative in any way? How so? Sort of - I like to be creative in my decorating and I've made some gifts for people over the years but I'd love to be able to come up with the ideas and really translate those ideas into reality. So jealous of those that can!
9. Not counting your family, pets, and vital personal documents/pictures, what one thing would you save in a fire? If it's a fire and I have to be able to carry it out in a hurry, it would be the small table that my husband gave me for a present when we got married.
10. What is your favorite type of vacation (museums, beach, cabin, mountains, theme parks)? I love to be able to be at the beach but then I love to be in the mountains in the summer as well. Of course, I love to visit museums as well. Hmm .. my taste in vacations is as eclectic as my taste in music and books.
11. What is the most surprising or unexpected thing you've done in the last 12 months? Discover an inner strength I never knew I had.
Now I know those rules at the beginning said I had to make up some questions and tag eleven of you but this post is already long enough as it is and so many of you have already done one of these. I'd love for each of you to pick one of the questions that Suey and Lisa asked me and give me your answer instead!