Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Salon - October 21



Just back from a very relaxing, very fun early anniversary celebration weekend. I wish I would have had time to get more shopping done; but while I vastly overestimated the amount of munchy food we needed in the car and the amount of reading I'd get done, I vastly underestimated that amount of time we'd spend in the car. Still, I got to spend four hours here:

Les Bourgeois Winery - Rocheport, Missouri

Here's What I'm:

Listening To: Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451 - I've been wanting to read it and decided it would be a good one for The Big Guy and I to listen to on our trip this weekend.

Watching: The Missouri River valley from atop a bluff, sitting at a winery with my brother and his wife, enjoying the colors of the season and some very nice wine.

Cooking: Homemade chocolate sauce for one of Mama Shepp's boys who just had surgery and loves to have my shakes. I wasn't home to make him shakes this weekend but I'm hoping his real mom did. Also made up a breakfast pastry using crescent rolls, cream cheese, and peach freezer jam. Yum!

Making: a fleece blanket for a Christmas gift. I've made a lot of them for other people but for some reason, never for my own family.

Grateful for: The Big Guy - a weekend dedicated to just the two of us was a wonderful way to remind ourselves that after 30 years we're even more sure than we were in 1982 that this is the person we want to spend the rest of our lives with.

Happy about: Having great kids who I left home alone this weekend, fully confident that they would not take advantage of having the house to themselves. I came home to a clean kitchen and everything neat and tidy.  

Looking forward to: Dinner tomorrow night with one of our pseudo daughters to celebrate her birthday, book club on Tuesday, and plenty of reading time this week. I'm focusing on foodie books this week - right now I'm reading Peaches for Father Francis by Joanne Harris (the 3rd in a series which started with Chocolat). What are you reading? Any big plans this week?

10 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good weekend and it sounds like your forthcoming week will be enjoyable. I managed to get through a couple of books during our time in Italy and I'm still reading crime mysteries such as Susan Hill's latest. We bought a cookery book of Italian recipes at Rome airport - at least it was hubby's idea to get it with a view to trying some new recipes - so that's what I shall be looking at this week as well as visiting the library.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like a wonderful weekend! And bonus on coming home to a clean kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good time. Amazed that your kids kept the house neat and tidy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow, what a perfect weekend. I am so glad that everything is going so harmoniously in your life, and that the hubby is so sensitive and thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your anniversary and I am glad you had such a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary, Lisa. So glad you guys had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! (and I LOVE Rocheport! one of my fave places ever.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely post, and congrats on your anniversary, without using a calculator I reached the conclusion that you're celebrating 30 years together! Well done :)

    Homemade chocolate sauce sounds amazingly good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds blissful and wonderful!!! Congratulations on 30 years of marriage!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW...sounds like you have a lot to be thankful for. I liked reading this.

    ReplyDelete