Friday, April 25, 2014

It's Dewey's Time!

It's time again for one of my very favorite things about blogging - Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon! I'm not even going to pretend that I'll be reading for all 24 of those hours. The forecast is for only one nice day this weekend which is, of course, readathon day. Things must be done on this one nice day, things that are not reading. I am so sad about this. My goal will be to get 12 hours of reading in which means that my "pile" of books is more than a little ambitious but a girl's gotta have options.

I'll be mixing up books on my Nook with real books and I've very carefully picked books that are short and should be fairly week reads. I'm about half done already with The Kings and Queens of Roam so I'll plan to finish that first. Also on my pile are Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's The Hound of the Baskervilles, Goodnight June by Sarah Jio, and Must Love Dogs: new leash on life by Claire Cook.

I suppose the family will expect meals but snacks are always a must for any readathon so there will definitely be coffee, popcorn and chocolate involved in my day...as they always are for readathons!



8 comments:

  1. All the best with the Dewey's 24 Hour Readathon, Lisa! A goal of 12 hours sounds like quite an achievement to me Hope you get some good weather so that you can also get out and about this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still torn about whether to do the readathon or not. It would be lovely to do, but there are a lot of chores to attend to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to do this but this is not the year! I'm looking forward to it next year though. Good luck with your reading! I haven't read Hound of the Baskervilles in 20 years but lately I've been wanting to revisit it. I look forward to seeing everything you get read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be at an all day track meet so no read-a-thon for me! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how heavenly a 24-hour readathon sounds. I wish I wish I wish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I will be doing this tomorrow too - I will check back in with you throughout the day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Coffee and popcorn are part of my day too. Glad you'll be reading for some of the day. I never make it the full 24 hours either. It's still fun anyway! #teamrogue

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was busy all weekend so wasn't able to stop by, but wanted to say congrats on the great job. BTW...Hershey Kisses are a weakness of mine.

    ReplyDelete