Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Life: It Goes On - July 20 - Hmmm...why didn't this post?

It's been a good week here - work has been less hectic, I've been productive at home, we celebrated my mom's cousin's 95th birthday and I got to meet two second cousins for the first time. I have mixed feelings about Facebook but it has allowed us to get to know each other a bit in the past couple of years and it was more like getting together with an old friend than meeting someone for the first time.

This Week I'm:

Listening To: Oh so many things! The Swan Thieves for my book (a fourth of the way through this one and I have no idea where Kostova is going with her story...in a good way), "Freakonomics" and "NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour" podcasts, and the soundtrack of "Into The Woods." Trish of Love, Laughter, and A Touch of Insanity has a post the other day about her favorite musicals and I realized that there are so many musicals I've never listened to so I'm going to start rectifying that. And what better place to start than the Stephen Sondheim's musical about fairy tales?!

Me, my sister, and my South Carolina cousins

Watching: Finally finished season one of Orange Is The New Black today. Miss H and I are both watching it but not always together so we try not to watch ahead. Most of our free evenings, though, have been spent on the patio so not much television watching otherwise.

Reading: I finished Jojo Moyes' One Plus One this week (loved it!) and will finish Gillian Flynn's Sharp Objects tomorrow. Next up is Amy Bloom's Lucky Us.

Making: Use of in-season produce - watermelon, corn on the cob, peaches, zucchini and tomatoes. Lots of salads and grilling at our house!

Planning: A bridal shower with my sister for our nephew's fiancee. She is such a sweetie and we are so excited to welcome her into our family. We're making good use of Pinterest to come up with some new recipes for the lunch - would you believe salad on a skewer?

Grateful for: The great weather we've had this past week. We've had a lot of dinners on the patio and been able to have windows open.

Enjoying: Tomatoes straight off the vine; I spend nine months of the year waiting for them!

Feeling: Blessed.

Looking forward to: Book club this week, although it will be bittersweet. It will be the last meeting for another of the ladies that's been with the group longer than I have who has become a dear friend.

4 comments:

  1. I binge watched both seasons of Orange is the New Black. I actually liked the second season better than the first. I think is was because the character development progressed so much further. It also happened to be raunchier than the first season. I hadn't seen so much nudity since Game of Thrones. :-)

    I love the way you;re using so much in-season produce at your house. It sounds so healthy and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember listening to The Swan Thieves in the car and then all of a sudden they were talking about intimate parts of the male anatomy. My daughter was amused by my smut listening ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Swan Thieves is on my list--once I finally committed to The Historian, I ended up liking it and I think Kostova is a good, imaginative writer.

    We finished season 2 of Orange is the New Black, which I liked better than season 1, which I really liked too. I found my heart didn't pound quite so hard during season 2 as with season 1, which in the long run, is a good thing :)

    Summer is such a wonderful time of the year--our garden went in late, so I'm not expecting tomatoes until Sept, but that just means more trips to the farmer's market.

    Enjoy the rest of summer with family, friends, and books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up on all your news. As you've been enjoying good weather, family and friends, interesting reading and viewing and looking forward to a wedding - life sounds good around your way.

    ReplyDelete