Monday, December 29, 2014

Three More Challenges - Because I Just Can't Help Myself

I don't suppose I really need any incentive to read books by women; they certainly compromise the majority of my reading most years. But given the great disparity between male and female authors, I've gotta make sure I'm keeping the ladies front and center. The rules for 2015 Women Challenge are:

* anyone can join;
* you don't need a blog to participate: if you are a non-blogger please leave a comment with a link (if you review elsewhere) to your review or with the list of the books you read and the level you choose;
* audio, e-books, bound books and re-reads are ok;
 * challenge goes from January 1, 2015 to December 31, 2015

Levels:

Level 1: BABY GIRL - read 5 books written by a woman author
Level 2: GIRLS POWER - read 6 to 15 books written by a woman author
Level 3: SUPER GIRL - read 16 to 20 books written by a woman author
Level 4: WONDER WOMAN - read 20+ books written by a woman author

Because just once I want to be Wonder Woman, that's the level I'm signing up for.


Because I never miss this one this year War Through The Generations is easier than ever - "This year, read books — fiction, poetry, or nonfiction — about any war." I'm not sure what I'll read yet, but I'm bound to have something already on my shelves that has to do with some war that's been waiting patiently for me to remember it.


Given my appalling record reading non-fiction this year, I'm going to use the Nonfiction Reading Challenge as a kick in the butt to remind myself that there are a lot of great nonfiction books out there that will expand my world (many of which are already on my bookshelves!). 

If you need the same push, here are the rules:

The Challenge: Read any non-fiction book(s), adult or young adult. That's it. You can choose anything. Memoirs? Yes. History? Yes. Travel? Yes. You get the idea? Absolutely anything that is classified as non-fiction counts for this challenge.

Dilettante--Read 1-5 non-fiction books

Explorer--Read 6-10

Seeker--Read 11-15

Master--Read 16-20

This challenge will last from January 1 to December 31, 2015. You can sign up anytime throughout the year.


I'll be signing up for the Seeker level, although I'd love to reach the Master level. 

8 comments:

  1. Glad you had a lovely Christmas and I wish you all the best with your reading challenges in 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the challenges! I am still thinking I will forgo any challenges this coming year, but there are about four I keep going back and forth on. Come the new year, I might just change my mind. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The nonfiction challenge helped me read more last year, so I'm going for it again this year. Hope it works for you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those all sound like great challenges. Unfortunately, my record on challenges is abysmal!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing. I actually read a lot of books by women; I guess because I read a lot of YA and they seem to be permeated by women authors. lol

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm trying to read more non-fiction myself--for awhile it was all I read, but the pendulum has definitely swung in the fiction direction lately. Maybe I will join this one to keep non-fiction in my sights.

    Good luck with your reading plans for 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! I did the women unbound challenge a few years ago. I look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome to the Women Challenge and HAPPY READING!


    Valentina
    www.peekabook.it

    ReplyDelete