Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday, er Wednesday


The lovely ladies at The Broke and The Bookish challenged us this week to list the top ten books we've read in the past three or five years that we would add to our all-time favorite books list. I'm going with five years because this just happens to be the number of years I've been tracking my favorite books of the year.

From 2010:
1. The Space Between Us by Thrity Umrigar
2. The Things They Carried by Tim O'Brien
3. The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

From 2011:
4. Safe From The Sea by Peter Geye
5. Cocktail Hour Under The Tree of Forgetfulness by Alexandra Fuller
6. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

From 2013:
7. City of Women by David Gilliam
                                            8. Lots of Candles, Plenty of Cake by Anna Quindlen

From 2014:
9. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
10. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
11. The Sparrow by Mary Doria Russell

Sorry 2012, you had some great books but just not great enough to make the top ten (okay, top eleven). I could easily have added five or eight more to this list but these are definitely the books I find myself recommending again and again, the books that have really stuck with me over time.

Which of the books you've read in the last few years have you added to your all-time favorites list?

6 comments:

  1. I loved THE SPARROW when I read it several years ago. And do you know, that is the only one of your "tops" that I've read. Thanks for sharing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great list, Lisa! Three of the books you list are among my favorites as well (although read before the 3 year mark I selected for this week's question): The Space Between Us, The Things They Carried, and The Book Thief by Markus Zusak.

    Several others are ones I hope to read at some point, especially The Handmaid's Tale, The Sparrow, and City of Women.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great list! I wanted to tackle this topic, but I didn't get around to it. Maybe next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Picking favorites is incredibly hard for me. Heck, even when I'm just picking the favorite of the month I agonize, lol. Nice list :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of these books and I'm slightly horrified with myself. I do want to read The Sparrow and I really must read The Book Thief soon especially since I can get it on audio. Great list! There's a few titles I don't recognize that I need to go find out more about

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of people seem to have The Book Thief on their lists, it almost made mine

    ReplyDelete