Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Life: It Goes On: December 8, 2015


Oh holy night, how did it get to be Tuesday already?!

This Week I'm:


Listening To: I'll finish Cry, The Beloved Country this week and be sad when it's done. For a book that was written almost 70 years ago, it's remarkably pertinent to today and so beautifully written. I think I may spend the rest of the year catching up on podcasts instead of starting another book. So many to catch up on.

Watching: All caught up on "Fargo." Anyone else watching it? Any guess as to how many people might still be alive by the end of the season? Trying to get caught up with "Manhattan" as well. Do you watch "The Voice?" I feel like we just watched the winning performance last night. Wow! Jordan Smith done Freddie Mercury proud!



Reading: Ugh. I just cannot get through the books I've been reading. So, still the same. Although I did add Tana French's Faithful Place on my nightstand.

Making: Waffles, fried chicken - not much. We ate out a ridiculous amount last week!

Planning: On getting Christmas cards sent this week and helping Miss H get her handmade gifts finished. This will involve making our own stencils. Pray for me.

Grateful for: Facebook. As much as it can drive me crazy, it came in quite handy this week when I needed to get some birth dates, pics of family that are current, and maiden names for a project. Thanks for putting your whole lives out there, family!

Enjoying: Lots of time with dear friends. I even got to hold a grandbaby. I really need one of those!

Feeling: A bit overwhelmed, to be honest. As usual this time of year. Deep breathe and remind myself that what needs to get done will get done.

Looking forward to: Book club next week to discuss Everything I Never Told You. And having the week of Christmas off. I planned to use it to finish things up but if I work this right, things will be done and I can use that week to do some major organizing. You know you're kind of an oddball when that's something of a gift to yourself!

7 comments:

  1. I love to organize. I am sure much of my time off will be spent tearing the house apart because I just cannot relax unless the house is in order.

    Tuesday. Already. I am really not liking this. December is always a bit of a rush but the entire year was this way. I feel as if I am a little kid, running behind everyone with my tiny little steps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only seen the first season of Fargo. I look forward to watching the second. I haven't been following The Voice this season, which evidently my daughter finds disappointing. I didn't even know she liked the show when I watched it before. LOL It was one of the few shows of mine I would watch in front of her--most of the others aren't really age appropriate.

    I hope you have a great week! I just realized I haven't started the calendar at work for this coming year. It's a pain, but must be done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there may have been more killing in this season of Fargo than the first season!

      Delete
  3. I hope u liked your bookclub pick. Very dark, but I liked that story a lot. I have my book group Christmas lunch tomorrow. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everything I Never Told You was a big hit with my bookclub - there is so much to discuss with it which is impressive in such a short book.

      Delete
  4. I'm glad this baby isn't your grandbaby as you look too damn young to have one right now, but he is precious. I love smelling babies and what little heaters they are. Sorry you haven't had any thrilling or I-must-finish-this-book reads lately. I've never had chicken and waffles. MY tween had it last year in school in SF and loved it. I really want a waffle maker. I get tired of pancakes sometimes. What is Miss H making? I'd love to hear about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, you're too sweet! But I'm definitely old enough to have grandkids! Miss H made wooden wall hangings for each kid in a family that had their names stenciled on them then some personalized decorative designs as well. We even made our own crown stencil because we couldn't find one we liked. It was one of those projects that took much more time than she anticipated!

      Delete