Monday, December 5, 2016
A Month of Faves is once again hosted by GirlXOXO and I am, once again, playing catchup. The month was meant to kick off last Thursday with a few of my favorite things. As I'm going to have to pick and choose topics to get caught up, I'm picking this one because it should be easy, right?
2. Bailey's Irish Creme - as soon as the temps start to fall, I start thinking that a small glass of Bailey's is just the perfect way to end a day.
3. Simply Cheetos Puffs White Cheddar - they cost more than the other Cheetos but since I can only find them at Target, I always buy two bags at a time. And they don't turn your fingers orange!
4. The U. S. Swim Trials were my favorite sports event this year. The races were exciting to watch and it was great to be part of all of the fun.
5. Favorite proud mama moment - watching Mini-me graduate from college. He made the most of every opportunity he had while he was there and graduated with honors.
6. Milwaukee might be my new favorite city. It has a river that runs right through town, it has all of the cheeses, it has art and beer and parks, it has Lake Michigan. Best of all, it has two of my favorite people.
7. My new favorite cream for my feet (a never ending search for the thing that will finally make putting panty hose of my heels not quite so dangerous) is Gold Bond Ultimate Softening Foot Cream. Miss H included some in a pampering jar she gave me for my birthday. I hope Santa puts some more in my stocking!
8. My favorite new television show this year is This Is Us. It's giving me everything I missed when Parenthood ended with some really great themes.
9. Favorite friend moments are a two-way tie. This summer I reconnected with a woman who was my best friend for nearly all of my teen years. We spent four hours over lunch catching up. It's one of the few things I thank Facebook for. The fall I got to meet a fellow blogger I've "known" for six (?) years. We met for lunch and it was immediately easy conversation. Love this blogging community!
10. My favorite squee moment this year? Mini-me's engagement, of course! We adore Miss S, she is perfect for him, and her mother will be a lovely mother-in-law. Next year's favorite squee moment is a foregone conclusion!