Sunday, May 20, 2018

Life: It Goes On - May 20

Happy Sunday from grey, wet Omaha. I suppose I'm meant to be happy about the rain; we need it. But it's the weekend and I'd really liked to have been able to spend at least some of it basking up the sunshine on the patio!

Ah well, I have a lot to get done inside this weekend so I suppose it's just as well that I can't play outside. My whole family will be here for an extra long weekend this week. To avoid them needing to wear flip-flops in the shower and being able to write in the dust, I need to get this place cleaned up. So, of course, the first thing I did this weekend was deep clean my laundry room. Because that makes sense, right?

Last Week I:

Listened To: Started listening to Cranford. It was time for a classic and I needed something completely different from what I'd just finished. Thanks to errands, I'll be about half done with it by the end of today.

Watched: Once in a while I have nights that I just do not sleep well. Friday night was one of those nights. Just before five, I stopped fighting it and just got up...just in time to watch the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. I'm was quite taken by how happy they both looked.

Read: The Women In The Castle for book club this week. I have no idea what I'm going to pick up next. I did notice the other day that I've read almost no nonfiction this year so maybe it's time to pick up something in that vein.

Made: Pork tenderloin, Cuban sandwiches, bbq chicken, naked pasta - but we've spent almost as much time eating out as eating in this week.

Enjoyed: Watching the election results on Tuesday night. My friend who is running for office, was the winner in her district and will move on to the general election in November. Very excited for her!


This Week I’m: 

Planning: Meals for this coming week. I need to have things that will work as people are around to eat and it might not be all of us here at the same time for a meal. It requires a different kind of meal planning but I do love the challenge.

Thinking About: Our summer calendar. Trying to plan some weekend trips and thinking about a trip to South Carolina.

Feeling: Sassy. I had my annual summer chop off of the hair yesterday. Every time I do that, I wonder why I let it grow out! We even opted for a violet glaze so I'm feeling a little less middle-aged!

Looking forward to: Book club Tuesday and having all of my siblings together.

Question of the week: 'Fess up - did you get up early to watch the wedding? Or spend a chunk of yesterday watching it run over again? I just can't get enough of it, the fashion, the pageantry, and those hats!

8 comments:

  1. Love your hair! And love the violet glaze. Very trendy and up to date. No, I didn't watch the wedding. Hope you have a good time this upcoming weekend with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't watched the wedding yet but I've loved the pictures. They look so happy and they kept it as simple as a royal wedding could be which I appreciate. Yum on the pork tenderloin and Cuban sandwiches. Sounds like you're eating well. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are enjoying Cranford. I have that on my shelf to read eventually. I am so happy to hear your friend won the primary! I hope she goes on to win in November as well. I did not watch the wedding, although I saw a few photos of it online. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wear my hair similar to you but, just went a little shorter in April. I did watch the wedding - beautiful and I loved her simple gown.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hair - voilet highlights - very pretty. You must be looking forward to the family gathering and the long weekend. The Women In The Castle sounds interesting. I shall look out for your review. Thankfully I watched the wedding on tv at a reasonable hour and soaked up the magical atmosphere and setting in my beautiful home county. Have a good week and enjoy the family weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I did not get up to watch it live but I did catch the replay of the ceremony on NBC later that morning. I will admit to falling utterly in love with both of them. The looks he gave her throughout the event were heart-melting, and she seemed so unabashedly happy. I loved the nontraditional elements they incorporated, and I was gleeful over how uncomfortable the entire family appeared to be during both Stand By Me and Bishop Curry's homily. It was such a beautiful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love Cranford--one of my favorite classics that I've read and listened to. I really enjoyed The Women in the Castle--very interesting and well written. I didn't watch the royal wedding in real time, but have loved looking at the pictures. We are all suckers for fairy tales!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First off, your hair looks fab.

    I did not wake early for the wedding although I could have since I was having a hard time staying asleep. The pup was dancing around my head a little to early. As soon as we were up though, my husband turned it on. He was really into it! I thought it was pretty perfect in every way. Those looks they kept giving each other! Chills. It was quite a bit less stodgy and all around more uplifting. I felt Diana's presence everywhere. I liked that shot of them leaving for the party and Markle was wearing Diana's aquamarine ring. Nice.

    ReplyDelete