Sunday, August 26, 2018

Life: It Goes On - August 26

It's been a rainy, dreary week here much of the week. Which also means I've battled headaches a lot of the week and not accomplished a whole lot. I need some sunshine this week because I have a project I'm wanting to get finished up this week, before we head off to see Mini-me and Ms. S next weekend, which I need to be able to work on outside. Also, a week with no headaches would be great. Tough to even read some days, which is no bueno.

Last Week I:

Listened To: Trying to finish up Special Topics in Calamity Physics. I'm  16 hours into this 22 hour book and it is finally interesting me. I've only stuck it out this long because I can listen to it at double time when it drags.

Watched: We went with friends to see the latest installment in the Mission Impossible franchise. Definitely not my usual movie theater fare but it was enjoyable for the relationships as much as the action. Also, Henry Cavill. Although, I prefer him without his bad guy mustache!

Read: I finished Jojo Moyes' Still Me and I enjoyed it much more than After You. It's not Me Before You but this time Moyes doesn't seem to have been trying to be that book and just gone on to tell the story of this character that we've fallen in love with.

Made: Lot of salads, BLT's, naked pasta with tomatoes and basil, cucumber dip, and my grandmother's peach custard recipe. I'm not a huge fan of pies but I do love this recipe and I'm a little disappointed not to have any leftover.

Enjoyed: Dinner and drinks with friends after the movie. We hit up new places for dinner and drinks. The place we ate at is definitely one we'll visit again. Not so sure about the other place, except that they do have a great patio.

This Week I’m: 

Planning: Refinishing a plant stand that my grandfather built. It'll make the perfect housewarming present for my kiddos who have a virtual jungle of plants in their house and a keen appreciation for things with history.

Thinking About: Food and books to pack for the weekend. You know how my mind works!

Feeling: Tired. I'm going to bed early tonight.

Looking forward to: Seeing my kids on Friday and a long weekend!

Question of the week: I'm taking up food to make some of Mini-me's favorites while we're there. If you were him, what would you want me to bring?


4 comments:

  1. Oh dear, I have a copy of Special Topics in print... having second thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Henry Cavill!! I agree about the mustache, but he looks better in it than most men. Then again, he pretty much looks better than most men no matter how he looks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a decent entertainment week, but I'm sorry about the headache - that happens to me, too. I hope this week is better and you can enjoy your visit - and your books, too!

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you actually get to bed early? I'm the queen of saying that and then somehow staying up even later! If I were Mini-him I'd want some kind of yummy dessert - especially something with pecans! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete