Sunday, October 21, 2018

Life: It Goes On - October 21

Good morning, all! I imagine many of you are still sleeping off Dewey's 24-Hour Readathon as I type this. I'm so sad to have missed it twice this year. We ran to Kansas City Friday afternoon and were back in time last evening that I could have joined in for the last 11 hours but I knew I didn't have it in me to stay up all night. I did have a lot of fun watching everyone's posts on Instagram and Twitter and I'm going to try to get a good amount of reading time in today.

Last Week I:

Listened To: I finally finished Love In Ruins and I've started Bad Feminist. Could not get my CarPlay to work on the way to Kansas City so we were forced to talk to each other all the way south; on the way home we listened to the Huskers get their first victory of the season. Go Big Red!
Our nephew is the running back

Watched: Our great-nephew's Senior Night football game Friday night. He hasn't played any football in three years; but he's so good that he's got Division I teams talking to him about college football. It was so fun to get to see him do his thing and to see his team's quarterback who is going to Wisconsin next year and has a real chance to take over starting quarterback, he's that good.

Read: I finished A Well-Behaved Woman and I'm almost finished with We Have Always Lived In The Castle. Oh my gosh, is that one good!

Made: Tacos, potato soup, and chicken tortilla soup. I'm in the mood to pull out my Soup Bible cookbook and try some new recipes this week.

Enjoyed: Time with family, including The Big Guy's cousin from California and his wife.

This Week I’m: 

Planning: Finishing putting the yard in order for winter (always such a sad thing for me to do).

Thinking About: Yesterday we stopped in Weston, Missouri to visit the old shops, a brewery, and a winery. Except when we pulled onto Main Street I could see that the sidewalks were packed with people. There'd be no slow browsing the shops, no enjoyable wine tastings.

So we went with BG's backup plan and headed out to a state park. It was beautiful out there and so relaxing. No one would ever accuse me of being a nature girl; and if BG had tried to get me to take a few hours to go off to a local park on a Saturday, I would have bitched and moaned and said I had too much to get done. But I could have stayed in that park yesterday a couple more hours, picking up leaves, taking pictures, maybe just sitting and reading in the sunshine. I couldn't help but wonder why a person who enjoys quiet as much as I do doesn't spend more time off in the quiet places outdoors.

Feeling: Rested. Mini-trips are just what I need to recharge the battery.

Looking forward to: Going with my book club to see The Hate U Give this week.

Question of the week: If you had 36 hours for a quick trip out of town, where would you go?




3 comments:

  1. You've been busy Lisa. I want to try The Hate U Give, so I'm curious what your group will think. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read We Have Always Lived in the Castle, too. And soup sounds yummy this time of year - we went from 80's temps to 40's and 50's and skipped the in-between stuff.

    Your weekend away sounds great - we just spent a couple of days at Locust Lake State Park and Tuscarora State Park in PA.

    Soooo jealous you are going to see The Hate U Give! I loved the book & am looking for someone else locally who's read it to go see the movie with me.

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you got out for the weekend. I love mini trips. I would definitely head out and up to the mountains for a quick trip. We have lovely mountains here in Utah and makes small trips very doable.

    ReplyDelete