Sunday, November 18, 2018

Life: It Goes On: November 18

Ugh. More snow yesterday. Not enough to get out and play in (not that I do that, but you know what I mean); just enough to make the roads slippery and dangerous. I'm not sure what I'm complaining about. This meant I got to come home from errands yesterday afternoon and stay home the rest of the day without having to make up excuses. And you all know what a homebody I am.

Speaking of home, I find myself being drawn more and more to home blogs and Instagram accounts about home decor. I used to be really into that kind of thing, lots of magazine subscriptions and inspiration books; but that went by the wayside when my time and attention got sidetracked by things (like a ridiculous amount of volunteering in the kids' schools). Consequently, things have gotten more than a little stagnant around here. No big changes for now, because I'm all about Christmas right now. But come the first of the year...I think I'm likely to make my hubby crazy!

Last Week I:

Listened To: Reese Witherspoon's Whiskey In A Teacup and now I'm back to Five Days At Memorial which I should be able to finally finish.

Watched: David Grann (The Lost City of Z, Killers of The Flower Moon) speak about his latest book The White Darkness. He's a fabulous speaker; I'd definitely recommend catching him if he comes to your local library. A signed copy may just be found under our tree come Christmas.

Read: I'm making my way through Heirs of the Founders: The Epic Rivalry of Henry Clay, John Calhoun, and Daniel Webster, the Second Generation of Great Americans. I am enjoying it so much and I'm wishing I had it print so that I could pass it on to my dad. Oh, wait! I can probably buy it to give to him, right?!

Look how square
top piece was!
Made: A mess of my backyard when I put together my new flocked tree. Yep, I did it. Put up a Christmas tree before Thanksgiving. I hope this doesn't bring bad luck or anything. In my defense, I knew it was going to make a mess so I wanted to get it done on a warm day when I could do it outside. And I haven't actually decorated it yet. So I hope I haven't angered any Thanksgiving gods.

Enjoyed: Book club although I'm not sure we talked about the books ten minutes total. And we even liked the book!

This Week I’m: 

Planning: To get food ready for Thanksgiving at my parents' then, hopefully, three days of decorating for Christmas, working on NaNoWriMo (I'm way behind but still working on it), and reading.

Thinking About: How much I hate winter. It hasn't even started yet, officially, and I'm already tired of being cold and having snow impact my driving. It's going to be a long four months.

Feeling: Excited for my great-nephew who verbally committed yesterday to play football for the University of Michigan. So proud of all of his hard work and we can't wait to see him play at the next level. Even if it means he's playing for a Husker rival.

Looking forward to: The upcoming four-day weekend, duh!

Question of the week: How will you be spending Thanksgiving?


4 comments:

  1. Here's a little secret - our tree stays up all year. It's on a little thing with wheels and we have a closet in our back hallway that is big enough for it. We decided to do this when we figured out it would fit. My husband has been delighted that we don't have to 'fluff' it, etc. Yes, I can see why you wanted to do it outside.

    Good luck with the winter stuff. We had our first freeze about 2-3 weeks early and even had snow flurries in Central Texas. Houston got some flurries as well. Ha! I don't love the cold, but the wind is what gets me. Brrr! Hope your Thanksgiving is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know David Grann had a new book! My wish list just grew. We're back in central NY watching the snow fall... hosting The Dinner as usual. So much work, but always such a good weekend. Happy Thanksgiving, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuck on the snow! I'm not a fan so luckily we don't get that much here. Too funny about the book club. I've found when everyone likes a book there's way less discussion! Since you didn't decorate the tree I think you're okay. I've always been very anti-early Christmas decorations but at the same time it's so much work to put them up I feel I should enjoy them more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a post about my Thanksgiving that will be published tomorrow but I spent it high on DayQuil and eggnog... really. If I am being honest.

    ReplyDelete