Sunday, April 7, 2019

Life: It Goes On - April 7

Happy April! If you're reading this early, I'm probably still in bed, after staying up late reading last night for Dewey's 24-Hour Read-a-thon (I'm taking a break from reading to post this before I go to bed). Oh, who am I kidding, if you're reading this early any Sunday, I'm probably still in bed because I stayed up late. It felt good to be a part of the book blogging community again - even though I've been posting regularly, and reading a lot, I haven't been active in the community for a while now. I miss it. It's not what it was when I started ten years ago, but it's still a great community of which to be a part.

Last Week I:

Listened To: I finished Tana French's The Trespasser and started Jennifer Egan's Manhattan Beach.

Watched: Basketball, of course. Some Real Housewives of New York (my guilty pleasure!). Some Saturday night TLC decorating shows. Not much else as I'm trying to keep the television off as much as possible.

Read: Agatha Christie's The Mysterious Affair At Styles and I started this month's book club selection, Lisa See's China Dolls. Plus, yesterday I read Marisa de los Santos' Belong To Me. I officially signed up for Michelle's (Seasons of Reading) Spring into Horror Readathon and will probably read Ruth Ware's Into A Dark, Dark Wood for that soon since I didn't get it read yesterday.

Made: Um, not much. I'm really not in the cooking mood lately. Stuck with simple, go-to meals - goulash, pork chops and mashed potatoes, grilled cheese sandwiches. Last night I did grill bbq chicken, baked potatoes and made up some baked beans.

Enjoyed: I finally finished a project I've been working on for a couple of weeks. I've had this old medicine cabinet for more than 35 years and it's seen a lot of different looks. This time I wanted it to look old and I wanted it to hold some of my treasures, including a tiny chamber pot that was one of my grandmother's and bottles from my other grandmother's collection.

This Week I’m: 

Planning: On getting Mini-him moved. He has to be out of his apartment by the end of the month but will be on the road for the last ten days of the month so we've got to get the bulk of his stuff moved this weekend. We already started bringing home clothes yesterday and will be back at it today.

Thinking About: Gardens. I'm headed out today to start picking up plants. It's super early but it's always work it to me to take a chance.

Feeling: Tired.

Looking forward to: Welcoming a new great-niece into the world this week!

Question of the week: I'm starting to think about trying to get some of the chemicals out of my everyday life. Have you gone that route? If so, what are some of your go-to products?


2 comments:

  1. Moving again!! You really should start a moving business.
    I am not all that great with removing chemicals from the home but some things have been affecting me lately but I get a lot of push back from the hub when I change things. I switched out many of our cleaners and replaced them with Mrs. Meyers. I like them, but they are kind of weak in strength. House smells great but I don't feel that it's as clean as say... a bleach based cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always want to do Dewey but have yet to make it work! It looks so fun. As for chemicals have you looked at grove.co for cleaning and toiletries? They carry all kinds of all natural products (like Mrs. Meyer and Method but also a lot I'm not as familiar with) and the pricing is decent. It's kind of a subscription so it's a little complicated but it's easy to skip a month or change things up. Hope you're having a great week!

    ReplyDelete