Sunday, June 2, 2019

Life: It Goes On - June 2

What a glorious weekend we are having in Omaha - warm, sunny, not too humid. We deserve it - we needed to dry out and recovery from the rains we've been getting and the hail storm that moved through our neck of the woods on Monday night. It was, for us, mostly a mess and a lot of damaged plants but it did break a skylight so we had a waterfall in a bathroom for a bit.  Others affected by the storms that have hit the country have had it much worse so I'm counting my blessings.

Last Week I:

Listened To: The Nest by Cynthina D'Aprix Sweeney, finished Washington Black (I only had one hour left but had to wait two weeks to get it back from the library), and I started Meg Wolitzer's The Female Persuasion.

Watched: Book Club starring Diane Keaton, Candice Bergen, Jane Fonda, and Mary Steenbergen. I'm a fan of all of those women but I can't say I cared for the movie. For one thing, it seemed to say that a woman can't be happy without a man in her life. Also, 81-year-old Jane Fonda's love interest was 69-year-old Don Johnson - yes, yes, a younger man might fall for an older woman; but that didn't seem to be the message here. Instead, Fonda, who looks fantastic for her age, was heavily filtered in what appears to have been effort to erase the age gap.

Read: I read Nora Ephron's Heartburn and started Timothy Schaffert's Swan Gondola (finally!). I started Twelve Patients: Life and Death at Bellevue Hospital by Eric Manheimer but it just wasn't the right time for this one.

Made: Honestly, it's another one of those weeks when I don't remember what we ate.


Enjoyed: Cocktails with friends on their deck on a beautiful Friday evening and Vintage Markets Days with my girl this afternoon. There were horses on the property there and Miss H decided she really wants a horse and I think that big boy she was petting would have followed her home!


This Week I’m: 

Planning: The work continues on Miss H's rooms - my goodness, does that girl ever have a lot of stuff! We are finally through sorting everything into bedroom, living area, box up for the future, and an office area in my office. Her living area is pretty much finished, just a bit more decorating to do. Then I'll touch up the paint in her room and get it redecorated. Not gonna lie, I've actually enjoyed this process - I do like to have a project!

Thinking About: Next weekend - see below.

Feeling: Happy and excited - Mini-me and Ms. S are coming home next weekend for the first time in almost two years!

Looking forward to: Seeing the musical adaptation of Ragtime with my book club on Wednesday.

Question of the week: If your kids were coming home for the first time in two years, what's the one dish that you make that you know they'll be wanting?

1 comment:

  1. I liked The Book Club but was glad I waited for it on Netflix. I thought the funniest stuff was in the trailer. But Andy Garcia. Whoa. LOL.

    ReplyDelete