Sunday, July 28, 2019

Life: It Goes On - July 28

Ugh - why do I get headaches on the weekends?! I had so many plans to be productive this weekend and here it is, almost noon on Sunday, and I've hardly crossed one thing off the to-do list. Of course, my kids have thrown me a couple of curve balls that cut into my time in a big way, which didn't help. Just a heads up for those of you with little kids - it NEVER ends! On the plus side, getting up and out the door early this morning means we got donuts!

Last Week I:

Listened To: I finished Daisy Jones and The Six and started Karl Marlantes' Matterhorn. Matterhorn is a book I've been wanting to read for years and I think the narration is good, but...I'm not sure it's the book for me right now. I did a lot of driving this weekend and only chose to listen to it for about 30 minutes, instead opting for music. Some of that's the headache - hard to focus on anything more than just the driving. It may also just not be the right book for me right now.

Watched: I feel like there was something other than the usual list of t.v. shows I was going to put here but I can't remember what it was now. Must have been really exciting, right?

Read: I finished The Real Simple Method to Organize Every Room and Men We Reaped and started Lara Spencer's Flea Market Fabulous and Laura Lippman's latest, Lady In The Lake for an upcoming TLC Book Tour this week.

Made: Dressing stuffed chicken breasts and caprese salad - I cooked a real meal, guys! Today I'm going to make zucchini bread, if I have time what with all of the catching up I need to do.

Enjoyed: A little thrifting - I didn't find much but the hunt is always fun.

This Week I’m: 

Planning: I'm clearly not going to get through everything I wanted to do this weekend (guys I am still working on those two pieces of furniture!), so this coming week will be about playing catch up. 

Thinking About: Building a mantel for Mini-him. I had a plan but found a different idea I like better so I'm off to Lowe's soon to get the wood.

Feeling: See headache above.

Looking forward to: Seeing my parents this week. 

Question of the week: Do you get headaches? Besides pain relievers, what's your go-to to help get through them?




3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about this terrible headache. I hope you get some relief soon.

    I'm very curious about Daisy Jones. I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts.

    Stuffed chicken breasts and caprese salad sounds wonderful.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went on a Flea Market Flip binge a year or two ago and love Lara Spencer. She seems like fun and she always finds intriguing things. I love Caprese salad though it has been far too long since I've had one! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really in need of some bi-focals or two different pair of glasses because I can't see the computer well even when I take my glasses off now and I have pushed the monitor as far back as it will go. This gives me a massive headache. I only take Advil if I know I gotta turn something in by a deadline. Otherwise I know once I look away from the computer it will settle down on its own. If it's really bad then all i can do is go to bed.

    ReplyDelete