Saturday, November 9, 2019

Life: It Goes On - November 10

So yesterday, it was in the sixties. Today we are headed toward record low temperatures. This is how fall has worked this year - only very brief glimpses of what fall is supposed to be like. There's a part of me that is ready to get rid of all of the pumpkins every where in my house and another part of me that says "it's got to be fall somewhere!" So they're staying where they're at for now, at least until they turn to mush.

Last Week I:

Listened To: The soundtrack of My Fair Lady, a Spotify playlist called "Songs to Sing in the Car," and I started Jojo Moyes' The Giver of Stars.

Watched: The Voice, volleyball, football and Press on PBS.

Read: Tracey Garvis Graves' The Girl He Used To Know,  Cathleen Schine's The Grammarians and I've started both National Geographic's History At A Glance and Anissa Gray The Care and Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls. I'm a reading machine lately!

Made: Umm. Nothing? I mean, we've eaten, sure. But we've been out to eat a few times this week and done super quick and easy meals the rest of the week.

At one of their fave places
to eat. Could my boys look
more different?!
Enjoyed: A visit from Mini-me (he came down to go to a concert with Mini-him), happy hour with my besties, happy hour with the hubby and friends, and movie night with friends.

This Week I’m: 

Planning: On getting back to work on my basement project. It's kind of gotten put on hold for various reasons but it got kickstarted again yesterday when we were able to take a load of stuff to a community clean up site. I was so proud of The Big Guy for agreeing to get rid of so many things that we "might be able to use someday." I mean, I've got to make room for all of the "new" things I've gotten lately that I'm going to use someday!

Thinking About: Decorating for Christmas. I usually start the weekend after Thanksgiving but Thanksgiving is so late this year and we have an afternoon wedding that Saturday so I'm probably going to start early. I've got some new things I'm eager to use. And, yes, that includes some new trees. It's a sickness.

Feeling: Ambitious.

Looking forward to: There's nothing on the calendar so I'm looking forward to a quiet week.

Question of the week: When do you start decorating for the holidays?



No comments:

Post a Comment