Sunday, November 17, 2019

Life: It Goes On - November 17

A fall day like the one pictured is now just a memory. Which makes me start to think about decorating for winter/holidays. Except it's been really warm the past couple of days so it doesn't remotely feel like winter and it's always been my thing to not rush past Thanksgiving. And yet Christmas will be here before you know it and I'd like to enjoy the ambiance for more than a couple of weeks. And this is how my brain has been working lately!

I woke up earlier this morning than I wanted to and thought I'd try to fall back to sleep. But my brain was already in overdrive and I knew there was no shutting it off so, even though I didn't go to bed until 2 a.m., I've been up for hours. I'd like to get started on some projects but the cleaning and laundry need to get done first so I'm trying to get through those things so I can move on to the fun stuff.

Last Week I:

Listened To: I finished Jojo Moyes' The Giver of Stars on Saturday and started Colson Whiteheads' latest, The Nickel Boys. Furious Hours got downloaded from the library on Saturday so I'm going to have to do more listening around the house than usual so I can get to everything before my loans expire.

Watched: I forgot to tell you last week that we had been to Jojo Rabbit last Saturday. We highly recommend it, especially for fans of Wes Anderson's movies. It is sweet, and heartbreaking but also extremely funny. This week we saw Motherless Brooklyn to which we would also give two thumbs up. Edward Norton is terrific (he also wrote the screenplay), the story is great, and the whole atmosphere is just perfect. I downloaded the audiobook the other day so I'm interested in getting to that one soon to see how it compares to what Norton has done.

Read: I ready Anissa Gray's debut The Care of Feeding of Ravenously Hungry Girls and was really impressed. Now I'm reading Margaret Atwood's sequel to The Handmaid's Tale, The Testaments. I'm wishing I had reread The Handmaid's Tale first, partly as a reminder of how prescient it was. I'm going to have to take a break from that to do a quick read of this month's book club selection, Winter's Bone. Assuming I can find it on The Big Guy's book stacks.

Made: We baked a bag of potatoes on Sunday and built meals around those all week. First we had baked potatoes with baked chicken, then we did fried potatoes, and finally the best baked potato soup I think I've ever made. Sadly, I never stop to write down the exact ingredients and proportions so I will never be able to recreate it exactly!

Enjoyed: Movie night and a basketball game/date night with BG last night. Most of all, I enjoyed my two+ hours of pampering yesterday when I went to get my hair colored. I always say that if I ever win the lottery (although I'm pretty sure you must play to win!), I'd hire someone full time to do my hair everyday.


This Week I’m: 

Planning: I have got to get back to my basement project. Plus, I need to start making Christmas presents and get a plan put together for finishing up most of my shopping by the end of the month. 

Thinking About: Everything. Seriously. I cannot shut my brain off again or focus on one thing. Consequently, I'm also all over the place on getting things accomplished. I start something and then move on to the next thing before the first thing is finished. I have to get back on track with sticking to my planner.

Feeling: Like it's time to get off the computer and get busy!

Looking forward to: Book club on Tuesday.

Question of the week: What's your favorite way to pamper yourself?


1 comment:

  1. My mind was already all over the place but this shooting has really messed with our well being. It's been a very difficult weekend. I did not sleep last night. I know my daughter did not either and she did not want to go to school today.

    ReplyDelete