Sunday, December 15, 2019

Life: It Goes On - December 15


Guys, I mostly have my voice back and I finally have energy again this week! Thank heavens because with just a week before my kiddos arrive from Minnesota, I have so much left to get done around here for the holidays! Cards need to be sent, gifts need to be made, and I haven't made one holiday goodie yet. I have three audiobooks that have arrived all at once from the library and they may be all the reading I get done in the next two weeks but they'll make good accompaniment as I go about getting all of the things done!

Last Week I:

Listened To: The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates which I definitely recommend in audio. I started On Earth We Are Briefly Gorgeous by Ocean Vuong which is lovely but something I definitely need to focus on more than other audiobooks.

Watched: Elf. Again. And, of course, football, volleyball, college basketball, The Voice.

Read: I am bouncing all over the place on books in print. I'm slowing making my way through Make It Scream, Make It Burn and did read John Boyne's This House is Haunted. But I've put aside several books which I may or may not get back to (and you know how rare that is for me!).

Made: Miss H had a holiday event yesterday for a group she belongs to yesterday and she volunteered to bring the ham and mashed potatoes. But she didn't really have time to make the ham or the mashed potatoes. So Mom cooked 30 pounds of ham and turned 20 pounds of potatoes into mashed potatoes this weekend.

Enjoyed: Christmas shopping with my dad. My sister and/or I have been going with him for about forty years now and it just isn't Christmas without that shopping trip. We took my sister along on a stick and sent her pics every where we took her so she wouldn't feel left out; she even joined us for a coffee break.


This Week I’m: 

Planning: Doing all of those things I mentioned before. 

Thinking About: Buying more twinkly lights. I can't seem to get enough of those or trees. Counted those today and I have 31 trees (only two big ones, though!) around the house. I love being surrounded by a forest!

Feeling: Surprisingly calm. And also finally ready to start listening to Christmas music.

Looking forward to: My book club's holiday get together this week.

Question of the week: What is your favorite holiday goodie to make?


1 comment:

  1. My club's get together is this week too but the group is limping along since we changed venue and the format. Might be my last meeting.

    ReplyDelete