Sunday, March 8, 2020

Life: It Goes On - March 8

Happy Daylight Savings Time! This girl loves her long evenings so I'm more than happy to give up an hour of sleep last night to have them. It's going to be so warm here today that, with the longer evening, I think we might just eat dinner on the patio, even if it is just our usual Sunday evening popcorn, cheese, and fruit.

Last Week I:

Listened To: I had to race to finish Tea Obreht's Inland before my library loan expired and then I started Patrick Radden Keefe's Say Nothing. First of all, I'm sure it really is a good book in print; but, holy moly, I'm sort of wishing Irish people read all audiobooks.

Watched: Manchester Park, again. When it was over, The Big Guy said "thank heavens." Folks, I'm not sure I can remain married to a man that says that about a movie based on a Jane Austen book. I'll keep you updated as the situation develops.

Read: I finished Mary Doria Russell's The Women of the Copper Country and I'm finishing Kevin Wilson's Nothing To See Here this morning. If you'd asked me before I started both books, I would have said without hesitation that I would probably like the Russell book better. Nothing against that book, but I raced through Nothing To See Here. I'm not sure that it's right to say I was delighted by a book about children that start on fire but I was.

Made: Not a whole lot. Again. Partly because, oh boohoo, we were eating birthday dinner leftovers for a couple of days. Partly because I've been battling a cold and nothing sounded good. Maybe this week I'll get my mojo back.

In theory, I'd iron those napkins.
But I probably won't!
Enjoyed: Playing around with some spring decor. Although the dining room is as far as I got before I got sick.


This Week I’m: 

Planning: On getting caught up on 40 Bags In 40 Days this week. I didn't get much done while I didn't feel good (and also couldn't lean over without my nose dripping!). Luckily, BG chipped in a couple of bags so I did still get 4 bags out. 

Thinking About: Changes. I don't like to make them but sometimes they're necessary. So I'm working on ways to make the upcoming changes in my life easier on me.

Feeling:  Anxious. I did a thing last week that I can't tell you about yet. Not even you, Mom, so don't ask. If it works out, I'll tell you about it. If it doesn't, we never had this conversation!

Looking forward to: Dinner with friends tomorrow night, book club on Tuesday, and celebrating my dad's birthday this weekend which also means that I get to see my sister.

Question of the week: What do you get a man who is turning 85 who pretty much has everything he wants?




6 comments:

  1. I hate the time change in the spring! I know I'm the weird one there but I don't mind it getting dark early. It feels cozy and it takes me about a month to recover from losing that hour of sleep. My husband is like you and thinks I'm nuts. Enjoy dinner with your friend and hopefully your marriage will survive that insult to Jane Austen. That's a tough one! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It helps me with the time change in that I can fall asleep almost any time of the day in about 10 minutes!

      Delete
  2. A photo gift of some type is usually my go to for elderly relatives. An extended family photo on canvas maybe? Or a wedding photo glass etched?

    Wishing you a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love the idea of a family photo on canvas!

      Delete
  3. I hope everything works out! Sounds like you've got some big changes around the corner! I hope all good. I hope you enjoy Say Nothing as much as I did. I still think about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh gosh, and I thought things were going to change a lot back when I posted this!

      Delete