Sunday, November 1, 2020

Life: It Goes On - November 1

Happy Sunday! It's trite to say, but can you believe it's November? 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: I finished Motherless Brooklyn on Friday. I enjoyed it a lot but it is so different than the movie adaptation. I got a good start on Elena Ferrante's latest, The Lying Life of Adults, thanks to standing in line for over an hour the other day!

Watched: The usual. This morning I'm watching About A Boy; one of these days I'll finally get around to reading the book. 

Read: I'm just finishing up Bronte's Mistress today and then I'm starting Winston Groom's The Patriots for a review.

Made: I'm on a roll in the kitchen: chicken pot pie, sourdough bread, cheesecake with berry topping, rice pudding, Miss H's favorite goulash, pumpkin streusel muffins, and right now there's a loaf of whole wheat bread in the machine. We'll see if I can keep it up!

Enjoyed: Happy hour with friends to celebrate my birthday on Wednesday, a trip into celebrate my mom's birthday yesterday, and a birthday dinner with Miss H and Mini-him last night. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: I got sidetracked from projects last week but since Miss H and I got through all of the stuff she has left in my office, I'm hoping to finish up that room this week. And maybe, just maybe, I can get The Big Guy to FINALLY clean up the garage before it's too cold to work out there. 

Thinking About:
 
I saw a funny meme that said something to the effect of "Welcome to Level 11 of Jumanji"and thought that about sums up where we're at in 2020. I cannot wait until Wednesday - I'm so tired of the political commercials and all of the emails and text messages. We voted by mail about three weeks ago but Miss H didn't have her ballot yet (her permanent address is still ours) so I went Friday afternoon to pick up her ballot. What would have been a three plus hour wait got cut to one hour when the election commission office lost power. Miss H had to go back very early yesterday morning and it still took her two hours in line. It's impressive to see so many people committed to making their voices heard.

Feeling: Like that extra hour of sleep last night didn't help much. 

Looking forward to: Seventy degree plus days this week and, hopefully, some patio time with friends while it's nice out!

Question of the week: Have you voted yet or are you waiting to vote Tuesday?

1 comment:

  1. I voted weeks ago. I could not turn that ballot in faster.
    I've not been sleeping well at all. The extra hour was me, staring at my pup who happened to be staring at me. The poor thing is so haggard from watching me be awake all night.

    ReplyDelete