Sunday, December 21, 2014

Life: It Goes On - December 21


Four days left until Christmas! Well, three if you start celebrating on Christmas Eve, which we do. Are you all ready for the holidays? We are in pretty good shape and it even looks like the weather is going to cooperate so we won't have to worry about travel. Hope the same will be true for all of you.

This Week I'm:

Listening To: I'm officially in almost full Christmas music mode although I have also been loving the Damien Rice station on Pandora.


"Auntie Mame" starring Rosalind Russell
Watching: More Christmas shows and those shows that include Christmas scenes, including "Auntie Mame."

Reading: Almost no reading has gotten done this past week. It's not for a lack of a good book; I'm really enjoying The Time Traveler. Just too many other things that need to be done.

Making: Meatloaf, three kinds of enchiladas, tator tot casserole (an oldie but a goodie - always makes me think of my grandma), potato soup, puppy chow, and spritz cookies. It's been a good week in my kitchen!

Planning: On busting out most of the rest of what needs to be done for Christmas today. I've got this week off and I'd love to have a couple of days with nothing more to do than put my feet up and read.

Grateful for: All of the help The Big Guy's been giving me this year with gift shopping. God love him, he spent two hours helping me shop for throw pillows the other day. He deserves a medal, doesn't he?

Enjoying: Time with my kids this week, celebrating a birthday, making treats, and shopping. You know how much I love time with the three of them!

Feeling: Calm. It's not a feeling I'm accustomed to this time of year. I'm loving it.

Looking forward to: Time with our families and watching my kids open their gifts. That just never grows old even as they grow older!

6 comments:

  1. Funny - I'm feeling calm, too. I scaled way back this year, and it feels good! I loved Time Travelers Wife. Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard Audrey Niffenegger speak when she was over here in the UK a year or two back. An interesting writer. Glad you've got the time off work this week. Your food sounds delicious whilst the tator tot casserole and the puppy chow intriguing. Happy Christmas and enjoy the time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are really on the ball if you are calm right now. I have nothing to feel antsy about. I decided to stop shopping. I could go on, but really, everyone has enough and I can't deal with the stores or crowds anymore so today is the first day that I am really off and not doing something. It feels good. But...cleaning is tempting. Trying really hard to just let it all sit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great week! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Auntie Mame. Another good movie, that takes place around Christmas is The Thin Man.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am all ready for the holidays. My boss asked me to lunch tomorrow to say goodbye as she's taken a new job--I think she forgot it was Christmas Eve. :-S It's her last day though and since I've been out on leave, I haven't exactly been available.

    I think you've been watching Christmas movies like I've been reading Christmas romance novels--and I'm not a huge romance fan. LOL

    Have a great Christmas, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete