Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Salon - June 14

I'm a little ragged this Sunday. Yesterday was entirely devoted to the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life. Between putting food together, packing, setting up our site early afternoon and then returning to the track at 4:30 p.m. until 5:30 a.m. this morning, it was a very long day! But what a lot of fun with a team that consisted of my husband, my children, and a group of their friends. And all for a very good cause. I didn't even know until this a.m. that there was such a thing as a coffee hangover!

I was delighted to receive in the mail this past week a box from Emily St. John Mandel, author of "Last Night in Montreal" containing enough copies of her book for my book club to enjoy it as our September read. I'm having a hard time not pulling out my copy and reading it right away. I also received a copy of "Shelf Discovery" by Lizzie Skurnick, the subtitle of which is "the teen classics we never stopped reading." I can't wait to get into it and see which books I may have forgotten to get for my teenage daughter and to plunge back into the memory of enjoying those great books! Thanks to Jennifer at Book Club Girl for this one!

2 comments:

  1. Kudo's to you for the Relay for Life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. good for you on the relay! hope that caffeine hangover didn't hurt too bad (what IS great abt a hangover is you know you'll get better)
    I REALLY want to read Last Night in Montreal; maybe I can sug it for MY bookclub next week.

    ReplyDelete