Monday, August 24, 2009

Mailbox Monday and Library Loot - August 24

Mailbox Monday is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page. Very excited to be joining in on this for the first time. Last week I received in the mail for review: "Night of Flames: A Novel of World War Two" by Douglas W. Jacobson and "Circle of Souls" by Preetham Grandhi. Also in the mail was "Home Front" by Kristen J. Tsetsi which I won from Heather at Age 30+...A Lifetime of Books.
I also hit up the library this week (after paying off a fine that would have bought me a hardcover novel!). I brought home on CD "Death In A Village: A Hamish MacBeth Mystery" by M. C. Beaton, "Netherland" by Joseph O'Neill, "The Uncommon Reader" by Alan Bennett, and "Bridge of Sighs" by Richard Russo. And I'm very excited to have found "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.

As if all of that weren't enough reading to do, I also bought this week: "The Wednesday Sisters" by Meg Waite Clayton and "My Life In France" by Julia Child with Alex Prud'Homme.


What did you pick up to add to your nighstand?

17 comments:

  1. Wow, you've got some great reading ahead of you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Netherland, and I would like to read The Uncommon Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read THE HELP! (excellent). I received Circle of Souls this week also --enjoy all of your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...your nightstand must be groaning under the weight! You're going to be one busy reader...enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of books for your first Mailbox Monday post! The Help was one of my favorite books of the year. Looking forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've found that I'm not a person for audiobooks. I always end up tuning the reader out! I hope you enjoy your books. They look good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm excited to read The Help!

    Looks like a good selection! I love audio books but am struggling to find a good one recently.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh... My Life in France is calling my name too.

    Have fun with the audiobooks. They just don't do it for me unless I am on a long drive somewhere and there is nothing else to grab my attention. My daily commute offers too many distractions I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love The Uncommon Reader - so clever and funny! Can't wait to read what you thought about it! The Help is on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you've got some awesome books! Lucky you!
    I also have an award for you!!
    http://thebookinn.blogspot.com/2009/08/awesome-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bought My Life in France this week too. My hubby and I both want to read it after seeing Julie and Julia.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My books over flow-eth from my night stand, all over the house! Fabulous selection you've gathered here! Much good reading is in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul. and I like the two you bought best - great choices!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like lots of good books. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Let me know what you think of My Life in France. I want to read it but don't want to spend the money if it isn't good. I loved Wednesday sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm reading Night of Flames for a tour, and I can't wait. Enjoy your new books!

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your win. I hope you enjoy "Homefront." :)

    - Kristen

    ReplyDelete