Sunday, December 28, 2014

Life: It Goes On - December 28


Oh my goodness, what a busy week it's been! I had hoped to work in more down time but it seems I'm incapable of doing that! Extra time? Why not make a batch of caramel corn? Extra time? Why not pick up a few more stocking stuffers? And, of course, there's always something you're not prepared for - like neither Hobby Lobby or Michael's having a full stock of wooden letters. Did everyone make crafts this year that necessitated the purchase of letters?

This Week I've Been:

Listening To: A lot of my favorite Christmas CD's. Or as much quiet as I could get, knowing that there would be a lot of noise in my week.

Watching: A few more Christmas shows, including "Love Actually," some college basketball and bowl games.

Reading: Today I will, finally, finish The Time Traveler's Wife (barring a disastrous final fifty pages, I'm going to wish I had included this in my favorites for the year) and From The Mixed-Up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. Then I'll have to figure out both a new book for my nightstand and for my everywhere-else read. What to read next, what to read??

Miss H's zebra pjs were a huge hit!
Making: Finished up a cookbook for Mini-me to give to his cousin and two wall hangings for my sister-in-law and my niece (bottom left). Also ham, fried potatoes, cranberries, puppy chow, caramel corn, three kinds of cheese dip, sugar cookies, and egg casseroles. It's been a productive week!

Planning: A major revamping of our basement. Miss H gave me a big wallhanging which has inspired me to work on a new bar area in my basement (Aunt Jo, is that bar in your attic still up for grabs?!). It's time to make our basement a real grown up retreat!


Family, food, and presents - pretty well sums up the week!

Grateful for: All of my gifts (including books!), of course, and the time I had this week to make it possible for me to really relax and enjoy the celebration. Mostly, though, I'm grateful for the time to be with our families  and to continue traditions with our kids.

Enjoying: So many Christmas goodies; but, lordy, did it feel good to hit the treadmill today.

Feeling: Blessed. And spoiled.

Looking forward to: Easing back into routine. Although I'm pretty glad to have another day and a half off this week!

I hope your week has been good, no matter what, or if, you celebrate! What are you looking forward to this week?

8 comments:

  1. Glad you are liking Time Travelers Wife, too. I thought you would. It's more complicated to follow the timeline toward the end, but for the most part I was able to do so. And there is a movie.Love Actually is my favorite Christmas movie, and I still haven't watched it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just about everyone under the sun has told me for years I need to read The Time Traveler's Wife. I do own a copy. I just need to read it. I am glad you are enjoying it, Lisa.

    As much as I have enjoyed my time off (mostly--not so much the limitations in what I was able to do), I am looking forward to getting back into routine too.

    Have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an excellent week, Lisa! I'm going to put off 'return to routine' for one more week ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you on the not finding any down time this season. I managed to cram as much as possible into the days. Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas though. Have a great week and happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like your Christmas was a big hit. So many great memories, huh?

    I am still lounging around but The Girl decided to do some purging of her closet yesterday. She did get rid of a lot of stuff but a lot of it is now outside of the closet and all over the floor. I am going to help her tackle it this morning, as soon as she gets up.

    I still have one holiday movie to watch that I did not get to. I plan to watch it today. I also want to start this memoir I asked for. Written by a food blogger I follow. We'll see if my head and eyes behave. I read a short book yesterday and then had to take a nap but it was better.

    I want this week to last forever. Or, at least feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I hope your peace and quiet and contentment continues this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe it's the end of 2014 already! So nice to see you still active here in blog land! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a fabulous Christmas! Books are a great bonus. I received As You Wish by Cary Elwes. It's a great trip down memory lane and reminiscing for one of my favorite movies the Princess Bride. Good luck on your basement this year and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete