Thursday, March 5, 2020

Lit: Uniquely Portable Magic

I know, I know – I’m supposed to be cleaning up the links I already have saved on Facebook. But the other day I had some time to play on the internet and I went down a rabbit hole looking at all things bookish and I found some fun stuff.

First up was something that ties two things I love together – We Are Bookish posted these Book Recommendations for Our Favorite This Is Us Characters. As for the big screen, We Are Bookish also has this list of 2020 Adaptations We Can’t Wait To Watch.  I’m especially looking forward to seeing the new adaptation of Jane Austen’s Emma and feel like it might just be time for a re-read of that one.

You can learn more about this adaptation of Emma in this article from Literary Hub which talks about the how this latest adaptation tells the story with a modern sensibility, particularly in its look and fashion. If you want to know more about the actual fashions in the age of Jane Austen, The Millions recommends Hilary Davidson’s Dress In the Age of Jane Austen in this article about The Fashion of Jane Austen’s Novels.



The Guardian has put together 2020 in books: a literary calendar. It includes a lot of books to look forward to in 2020 as well as the dates literary prizes will be awarded and movie adaptations will be released and notable anniversaries and birthdays. The Millions is breaking the year in half; first up is their Most Anticipated: The Great First-Half 2020 Book Preview. Buzz Feed has this to offer for books in 2020 These Are Our Most Highly Anticipated Books of 2020.

Do you love these preview lists or do that make you, like me, a little sad as you realize that you will never have time to read ALL of the books you want to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment