Reagan, of Miss Remmer's Review, kindly passed along The Versatile Blogger award to me. Thanks, Reagan! Have you got any great ideas for books high school freshmen should read? Reagan is going to be a freshman teacher this fall. It's great to see how passionate she is about what she's going to be doing!
This award requires me to tell you seven things about myself. Hmm...are there even seven things about myself that I haven't already told you? Let's give this a shot:
1. In 1976 my parents invited a few neighbors over for breakfast on the Fourth of July to celebrate the bicentennial of the United States. Tomorrow we'll be joining a much larger group of their neighbors as they celebrate not only the Fourth of July but the 35th year of the breakfast.
2. I have extremely eclectic musical tastes--my two favorite stations on the radio are the classical music station and the alternative rock station.
3. I love old children's books.
4. I'm a control freak. It's why none of my kids know how to do the laundry yet.
5. I refuse to answer the phone if I don't know who's calling. Thank you caller i.d.!
6. My boys used to have toads for pets. I had to drive 8 miles to buy them crickets to eat after it got too cold for crickets to be in my yard. Is that when you know you might be spoiling your kids?
7. I used to work for Hallmark but I'm terrible about remembering to send cards on special occasions.
I'm passing this along to
Veens of Giving...Reading A -Chance!!!
Deb at Book Magic
Aths at Reading On A Rainy Day