Thursday, March 24, 2011

Villette Readalong (This Week A Letter To Charlotte Bronte)

Dear Miss Bronte,

My apologies for not spending any time with you this week in Villette.  I've been utterly captivated the past few nights by a young Nigerian girl named Little Bee.  Since she and I had a book club meeting last night, it was imperative that we really get to know each other in a hurry.  But rest assured I have not forgotten my commitment to you.  Shall we plan to spend the weekend together? 

Thanks so much for your understanding (at least I hope you'll be understanding; the truth is that you don't much look like the kind of person who is very forgiving).  
Sincerely,
Lisa

6 comments:

  1. She does look a bit sour in that picture. I wonder what she would've thought of Little Bee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can Ms. Austen not be swayed by a letter like this (although she does look very annoyed in this portrait)?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey, Lisa! That is one scary looking woman - yikes! I'm glad you sent her a letter of apology :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are loving Little Bee! I sure did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I need to write a letter like this one to to Leo Tolstoy and the Russians in War and Peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks like me while trying to read this one!!!

    ReplyDelete