Monday, January 30, 2012

A Winter's Respite Read-A-Thon Wrap Up


As I said yesterday, there just wasn't as much reading time this past week as I had hoped for. Thanks to a push last night, though, I did manage to finish a second book yesterday.  All told I read for 15 hours for a total of 499 pages. I finished Across The Endless River by Thad Carhart and American Eve: Evelyn Nesbit, Stanford White The Birth of the "It" Girl And The Crime of the Century by Paula Uruburu.

Charla of Book Talk with Charla won her choice of books in my mini-challenge for the readathon. She left me a couple of great words she found in her reading including "sesquipedalian" which means given to using long words or containing many syllables. Love it!

3 comments:

  1. Great job, Lisa! Wow, that American Eve title sure is a mouthful. I'm glad you were able to get some reading in after all. I hope you enjoyed it. My next one I'm hosting at Castle Macabre in the Spring and it's going to be scary themed. Muuuuwwwhhhaaahhhhhhaaaa! Hope you will join me.

    That was a clever word from Charla. I love it too! Thanks again for hosting the giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! This was a fun challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad that you got the chance to participate, and that you got 2 books read! Life sometimes intrudes on our plans, but I think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete