Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Winter's Respite Read-A-Thon


With all of the health complications we've had in my house already this year, I don't foresee us making any big plans for this month. Which means that I'll have plenty of reading time and should finally be able to succeed at a readathon. Michelle, of The True Book Addict, is once again sponsoring the A Winter's Respite Read-A-Thon from January 23rd through January 29th. As with all of Michelle's readathons, this one is relaxed and you can put in as many hours reading during this time as work for you. Novel, novellas, adult and YA books all count for this one.

I'm trying to decide if I want to just grab a varied stack of books or if I want to try to go with a theme for this readathon. Since I recently reorganized my bookshelves, I've been thinking of a lot of things I could do with themes so that might be kind of fun. Then again, I might just pick book choices that will all work for challenges to make sure I get a good start on those this year. Ah, the joy of having time to read again!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, I would love to join this one, as I had so much fun doing the last big readathon, and got a lot done! I need to see if I can clear my schedule and make some time for this one. Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...I will not formally commit to taking part in this read-athon (my luck in the past has been dismal) but I will certainly try to read as much as possible this week. I need to re-read Pride and Prejudice for the Brit Lit class I teach, but I would love to make some headway with the Harry Potter series!

    Best of luck to you -- I look forward to hearing what you decided to read :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're joining me this week! I love when my good friends are in. =O) I think a theme would definitely be cool. Looking forward to see what you read. I also wanted to remind you to be sure to sign in at the starting line when you start reading. The post will be up at midnight tonight (Monday, 1/23 at 12:00am CST U.S. time) Hope you have lots of fun reading this week!

    ReplyDelete