Friday, July 6, 2018
Well, June's already behind us so it may be a little late for a summer reading list but I've only just reached the point when I have no books for review that need to be read for the next couple of months so now's the time to think about what I want to read off my shelves. I only wish it were on a beach like in this picture!
In no particular order, and with no illusions that I will definitely get to all of these, here's what I'm putting on my list:
1. The Roanoke Girls by Amy Engel (book club selection for July)
2. Homegoing by Yaa Gyasi (book club selection for August)
3. Auntie Mame by Patrick Dennis (may just have to watch the movie again as well!)
4. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (did just watch the movie again of this one)
5. Paris For One by Jojo Moyes
6. All The Single Ladies by Rebecca Traister
7. Love, Water, Memory by Jennie Shortridge
8. One True Thing by Anna Quindlen
Let's be honest, there's a reasonable chance other books will catch my eye between now and the end of summer. Hopefully, with two readathons coming up this month, I might even get to more books than this!