Saturday, June 1, 2013

Pin It And Do It - May Wrap Up


It's a wrap - Pin It and Do It May 2013 has come to an end and once again, thanks to Trish of Love, Laughter and a Touch of Insanity, I've been inspired to use the things I've pinned to a number of boards on Pinterest. This month I pulled things off a travel board, my cleaning board, my book board and even my music board. Of course, every time I go on Pinterest to see what I want to try, I end up pinning even more things. Oh well, there's always another challenge month coming up!

This week, thanks to my cats (don't ask), I tried this cleaning idea. On the plus side, it only calls for things I always have on hand anyway and is relatively safe. On the other hand, it, of course, was not nearly as magical as it sounds and I did need to use quite a lot of clean water to get the soap back out of my carpet. Still, it did work and for a lot less than the store-bought products.

My pin of The Cranberries inspired me to create a new station on Pandora, which I mentioned last Sunday. I'm still enjoying it a lot.

On my book board, I managed to finish two books and got a good start on a third that I had pinned. I finished The Burgess Boys by Elizabeth Strout and The Thirteenth Tale by Dianne Setterfield; I'm still working on Bunker Hill but hope to finish it shortly.

Maybe the best thing about the challenge this time was that it really inspired me to reorganize my boards. When I started pinning  a year and a half ago, I had no idea that I would soon have over 500 food-related pins. Finding anything had gotten to be so time consuming, it hardly seemed worth the effort; easier just to do a search for a recipe. Now, instead of having one board labelled "food," I have separate boards for drinks, desserts, appetizers and breakfasts. Much easier to use. I've also broken up my book board so that I now have three boards: Books Read, Books To Read, and Book Love. After all, if I'm going to pin it and do it, I have to be able to find it!

Do you pin? What great things have you pinned and actually done? I'm always looking for new things to try!

4 comments:

  1. You piqued my curiosity... I have almost 700 pins!

    I am enjoying finding things to buy on pinterest. Last week I bought a pacman ring for $10, to add whimsy to an outfit next time I'm around my dad. We used to play Ms Pacman, we were addicted! We would go to the Mpls airport to get the NY Times Sunday edition, and play two games ($1.00). Lovely memory

    Hoping life is settling for you late Sunday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pinning! I've been tattoo looking so I can get my first tattoo soon and I have a whole board dedicated to that inspiration. I've tried a few recipes and it's pretty hit or miss due to my lack of culinary skills ;) But I did take some time a few months ago and did a huge overhaul on my boards. So much easier to find stuff now!!

    I'd love to try that Pandora station. Love the Cranberries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and I know what you mean about the cat problem. I've been dealing with that the last couple of weeks with one of mine. Water, a bit of vinegar and baking soda helped get out smells until we were able to shampoo the carpet later :) But then there is a baking soda mess...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if your cleaning solution would have saved me a lot of headaches a few years ago. I'm still battling with some of the stains a few years later. I've always had troubles getting soap out of carpet, though.

    I need to reorganize but it feels so daunting. Hoping one day Pinterest will let us move multiple pins at one time!

    ReplyDelete