Sunday, December 11, 2022

Life: It Goes On - December 11


Happy Sunday evening! I didn't even realize, until I got on to write this, that I hadn't written a review all last week...again. And there are reviews to be writing. Ugh! I wish I could say it's because I've been busily getting the house decorated...or Christmas cards sent...or holiday treats made. But I don't have any of those done. Although I am well on my way to finished with the decorating, at least. 

There are a few more vintage 
ornaments to be hung but this 
tree (thanks, Kim!) inspired my
living room decorating. 
Last Week I: 

 Listened To: Mercury Pictures Present by Anthony Marra, which was not at all what I was expecting. And, it what is now becoming typical, I won't get it finished before it has to go back. So it's got a hold on it again and I will wait. Meanwhile, this week I have no book to listen to so will listen to podcasts and Christmas music. 

Watched: A whole lot of episodes of The Crown. Struggling with getting used to the season 5 cast. 

Read:  Honestly, not much reading has been done this week, either. What HAVE I been doing this week????

Made: We've been making life easy for ourselves in the kitchen this week - BG picked up a rotisserie chicken, some croissants, and spring mix at Costco the beginning of the week and we've been eating some combination of those foods all week. 

Enjoyed: Despite not really looking forward to it all that much, I really enjoyed my work party Friday night. We did happy hour and dinner then went axe throwing. I was terrible at it and I still had fun and would do it again. Also a visit from my brother, who came up to spend time with my dad. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: See above - this week is all about getting the decorating and the shopping finished, cards and packages mailed, and presents wrapped. 

Thinking About: Again, see above. 

Feeling: Strangely calm, considering all I need to get finished in the next couple of weeks. I'm just really trying to focus on what truly needs to be done and not what I want to get done. So I'll finish the shopping for my Alaskan kids and get those packages in the mail by the end of the week. The rest of the things will just get done when they get done. Or they won't. 

Looking forward to: My book club's holiday party and book exchange. Oh darn, that reminds me that I need to get the prizes picked up!

Question of the week: How are your holiday preparations coming? Do you still send cards? 

No comments:

Post a Comment