Tuesday, November 7, 2023

Life: It Goes On - November 7

Happy Tuesday! Golly, not only am I late posting this week, but I never got any reviews posted last week! It's been a busy week only broken up by evenings that I'm too mentally exhausted to get much done and I've given myself permission to give in to that. 

This is probably the last week for this Life: It Goes On pic - the leaves are almost all gone and we are entering the season of bare trees and dark evenings. I know so many of you love when we leave daylight saving time but this girl hates it. It's dark when I wake up, it was dark well before I got home from work; it's depressing, for me, to be waking into work when it's light, knowing that may well be the only light I get for the day. On the plus side, it was warm enough for us to eat dinner on the patio tonight!

Last Week I: 

Listened To: The Sentence by Louise Erdrich. My loan expired this morning before I was able to finish; but, luckily, I happen to also have it in print to finish it up. 

Watched: The Nebraska volleyball team come from 2 sets down to win. These girls seem to always find a way to win - they're very fun to watch. 

Read: Day by Michael Cunningham. Hope to finish that this week. Who knows - maybe one day I'll actually get a review written! 

Made: Raspberry banana bread because I had both bananas and raspberries that needed to be used and not enough time to make two different kinds of bread. It was delicious! 

The cedar chest I refinished and the end table that I painted, with 
it's new lighting. 
Enjoyed:
 As exhausting as it was and as sore and tired as we were when we left, we enjoyed helping Miss H move into her apartment this weekend. We couldn't stay long enough to get her completely settled, but left her in good shape. So excited for her - it's very cozy and very much her. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: Have to finish putting the yard and gardens to sleep for the season and put the basement back in order now that all of Miss H's things are gone. 

Thinking About: I'll admit it - I'm starting to think of decorating for Christmas. I never, and I mean never, start before Thanksgiving but it's so much work and I want to be very deliberate about it this year. It will actually take more thinking as I try to scale it all back some. 

Feeling: Like I should have been cleaning tonight but instead I watched The Voice and scrolled Instagram. 

Looking forward to: The Big Guy's brother is coming to town so that the two of them can go to a concert and his wife and I are going to have a movie night here with take out. 

Question of the week: Are you team "decorate right after Halloween" or team "wait until after Thanksgiving?"

1 comment:

  1. I just started The Painted Drum, by Louise Erdrich, whom I hadn't read before but she seems to be cropping up a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete