Sunday, April 21, 2024

Life: It Goes On - April 21

Happy Sunday! It's a beautiful morning here and looks like we're finally past the last gasps of freezing weather so I'll be moving the herbs back outside for the next six months and heading to the nursery shortly. Maybe stopping by to pick up some new cushions for patio furniture. I'm so ready to start spending time gardening, eating on the patio, working on projects outside. 

Last Week I: 

Listened To: I finished Poverty, by America by Matthew Desmond and started Miss Kopp's Midnight Confessions by Amy Stewart. 

Watched: The Big Guy's been gone this weekend so I've had the tv to myself and I must admit that I may have spent more time picking what to watch than actually watching anything. I've watched some episodes of The Crown and Lessons In Chemistry and rewatched Steven Spielberg's West Side Story and Guys and Dolls because I couldn't sit still long enough to watch something new. 

Read: Same as last week. Need to finish both of them this week. 

Made: Not much - mostly just opening packages, like gnocchi, or salads, because it's getting to be salad season. 
A little project piece 

Enjoyed:
 Drove into Lincoln yesterday to pick up some auction winnings and grabbed lunch with my sister-in-law and later met some friends from California at my dad's. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This Week I’m:  

Planning: We'll finish clearing out my dad's apartment and finish up settling him in his new place. Next week, it's time to focus on my house again! 

Thinking About: What I want to get done in the yard and gardens this year. We started a big landscaping project last year that needs to be finished this spring, I want to finish some shady perennial gardens, and we'll be making some changes to patio furniture. 

Feeling: Relaxed. At least this morning. 

Looking forward to: Miss H and I have begun planning a girls trip. 

Question of the week: What's your favorite annual to plant? 

No comments:

Post a Comment