Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Life: It Goes On - July 22

Happy Wednesday! Why yes, yes I am only getting to this three days late. And no, no I did not get any reviews posted last week. In fact, I have 4 reviews to finish and 8 that need to be started. I've been reading, but I'm beginning to wonder if my desire to blog has run its course after 17 years. 17 years?! I never would have thought I'd be doing this for 17 years when I posted that first introductory post. But I do still want to put down my thoughts about the books I read - may just need a better way to do them. 

Last Week I: 


Listened To: I finished John Kenney's I See You've Called In Dead, George Orwell's 1984, and Marjan Kamali's The Stationery Shop. Today I started Elizabeth Gilbert's All The Way To The River, which I picked up because it was available while I'm waiting for one of my holds to come in. 


Watched: The last of the World Cup matches, but nothing remarkable since then. 


Read: I finished Elizabeth Strout's The Things We Never Say and George Saunders' Vigil. Tonight I'm starting Douglas Stuart's John of John. See - I told you I've been reading! 


Made: Ham and cheese wraps, pizzas, taco salads, nachos, and caprese pasta. 


Enjoyed: Lots of quiet time, got my hair done, went for ice cream and drinks with friends and Mini-him, and book club last night. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This Week I’m:  


Planning: I've put a plan into motion that's convinced the Big Guy to work on the basement with me and I'm so excited to get started on it with him. I started this weekend and am making slow, but real, progress. I'm not using any of the methods I've learned over the years, but I think it will work well for us. 


Thinking About: In a week we will no longer be empty nesters. It's only for a few months, but it's definitely going to take some adjusting to for all of us. 


Feeling: Work has me feeling like we've had 3 Mondays this week. 


Looking forward to: We're going to see The Odyssey at the IMAX on Saturday. 


Question of the week: Have you seen it? If so, did you reread it before you went (or read it for the first time)?


No comments:

Post a Comment