Saturday, November 28, 2009

"Over The Top" Award

Thanks to Al, of Publish or Perish, for this award. Al is an aspiring author, wonderful photographer, and makes his livelihood taking care of his fellow man. How's that for an all-around great guy?!

And here are the rules for this award:
1.) Thank and post URL to the blog that gave the award.
2.) Pass the award along to 6 brilliantly over the top blogs (blogs you love!) Alert them so they know to receive the award.
3.) Copy and paste this quiz... Change the answers, ONE word only...feel free to fudge here!

1. Where is your cell phone? Desk
2. Your hair? Greying
3. Your mother? Friend
4. Your father? Loving
5. Your favorite food? Lobster
6. Your dream last night? Episodic
7. Your favorite drink? Chocolate martini
8. Your dream/goal? Write
9. What room are you in? Family room
10. Your hobby? Reading
11. Your fear? Loss
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Here
13. Where were you last night? Lincoln
14. Something that you aren't? Thin
15. Muffins? Cinnamon
16. Wish list item? Laptop
17. Where did you grow up? Nebraska
18. Last thing you did? Eat
19. What are you wearing? Jammies
20. Your TV? Everchanging
21. Your pets? Gone
22. Friends? Cherished
23. Your life? Happy
24. Your mood? Content
25. Missing someone? Grandmother
26. Vehicle? Honda
27. Something you're not wearing? Shoes
28. Your favorite store? Antique
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? Morning
31. Last time you cried? Thursday
32. Your best friend? Spouse
33. One place that I go to over and over? Lincoln
34. One person who emails me regularly? Dad
35. Favorite place to eat? Upstream

Okay, the hardest part of getting any of these awards is choosing the people to pass it along to! This one does to:

Nicole at Linus's Blanket who includes a wide variety of things on her blog including hosting a new challenge for 2010 and she is also the host on BlogTalk Radio of "That's How I Blog."

Jennifer at The Literate Housewife Review. I just love her header and she reads a wide variety of books.

Florinda at The 3 R's Blog. Florinda and I have read a lot of the same books so I know when I find something on her blog that I haven't read, I'll probably agree with her opinion.

Deb at Bookmagic. Deb's blog is beautiful, she participates in a lot of memes and reads great books.

Care at Care's Online Book Club. Care is witty and she rates books by pies. What more could you want?!

Missy at Missy's Book Nook. In addition to book reviews, Missy does reviews of years and reminds us of the books, movies and events for each year as well as letting us in on what was going on in her life.

Please be sure to take some time to check out these great blogs!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you very much! It may take me a little while to do the quiz and pass it on, but I'm really glad to know you enjoy my blog (and to be in such great company)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was fun to read! I have never heard of a chocolate martini!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thx! According to many of your answers on this, you have a LOT going for you...
    Checkout DIXON's Cedar Creek Pottery near Beatrice...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the award, Lisa! Very well deserved! And you've picked some excellent blogs to nominate.

    Yum, cinnamon muffins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Careful Lisa if you make my head swell too much I won't be able to fit through many doors!
    Thanks for a great list of blogs to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't seen this award before! Thank you so much Lisa, for thinking of me and my blog. Congrats on receiving the award as well. Have an awesome day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW that's a great TAG! and you deserve the award!

    I also fearing Losing!

    ReplyDelete