Sunday, May 16, 2010

Sunday Salon - May 15

It's going to be a busy week at my house. I've got two books to get reviews done for, a book club meeting and an online book club, and oh so much to get done to prep the house for Mini-me's high school graduation. I can't for the life of me figure out how I managed to plan things so that I had four books that needed to be finished in the same week so close to the big event!




I did find some fun bookish things to share with your this week. This clip from YouTube is making the rounds but if you haven't already seen it, do take a few minutes to watch!



From Abe's Books comes a list of books that make us angry--sometimes in a good way, sometimes in not. The 25 books listed include "We wish to inform you that tomorrow we will be killed with our families," "The Pilot's Wife," and "To Kill A Mockingbird."


The organizers of the Book Blogger Convention have put together a terrific auction to raise funds to benefit First Books. Items up for bid include a $100 Powell's gift card, a signed ARC of Sarah Blake's The Postmistress and, for those attending the convention, a literary lunch with Unbridled Books authors Masha Hamilton and Emily St. John Mandel. Oh, yeah--and a Kindle! You may have noticed how much I love Unbridled Books--makes me wish that much more that I was going to Book Blogger Convention!

8 comments:

  1. Wish I could be at the Book Blogers convention. What fun! Oh, well....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you going to BEA and the bloger convention? I'm so jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you've got a busy week planned, Lisa! Good luck getting everything done. I'm sure you'll manage though. :-)

    The Book Blogger Convention does sound like it will be fun. I wish I could go too.

    I hope you have a good week, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved that video!! It was totally awesome!! I also hope that you have a great time at the convention!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, that video is awesome! I saw it a while ago when someone linked it to facebook. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL that video is too funny!!!

    I read "We Wish To Inform You...." by Gourevitch, it was really interesting and really, really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't resist putting this video on my blog, Great find! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see an appearance from Ann Bronte, she's always getting the shaft (but is clearly a key member of the Brontesaurus haha)!

    And though it may have been an abrupt transition, that was a great list of anger-inducing books. I thought the author's original premise--books that should have been great but weren't, thus making him mad--would also have been interesting.

    ReplyDelete