Monday, November 28, 2011

Mount TBR Reading Challenge

Having failed at completing challenges year after year (including an epic failure of my own Gilmore Girls Reading Challenge this year), you would think I'd have learned not to sign up for reading challenges at all. But I always have such high hopes for my future reading!

Bev of My Reader's Block is hosting Mount TBR Reading Challenge in 2012, a challenge that seems to be right up my alley since one of the things I've been trying to do lately is read more of my own books. There are six levels, starting at 12 books and working all of the way up to 100+ books. I understand that the idea of these things is to challenge yourself but I'm getting tired of failing! So, even though I'm confident that I can reach the Mt. Ararat level (40 books), I'm going to sign up for the Mt. Vancouver level (25 books). That still leaves me plenty of room for review books, other challenges and book club selections. I've had enough stress in my life this year...2012 is all about finding balance and removing as much stress from my life as possible!

6 comments:

  1. I asked for 2011 to be a quiet, peaceful year... it's been a crazy sad year for me (as you know). I really need a calm year... hoping 2012 can deliver on my request. For both of us!

    I say do anything that let's you enjoy reading. It shouldn't feel like a part time job. :)

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a challenge I'm planning on working on without officially signing up for anything! I'm trying to cut down on my book buying ways and just read the ones I own and maybe a few library ones for book clubs, etc. Here's hoping to a more stress-free 2012!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of this challenge, and am thinking about joining it myself. I have wanted to sort of chill out with the reading and reading commitments for some time now, so this challenge sounds just about perfect for me. I will have to give this some thought. Thanks for sharing it with us today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a perfect challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm doing the Off The Shelves challenge!! Sounds like we're thinking alike!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great challenge. I think I'll join in and get through some of those books stacked in the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete