Sunday, October 11, 2015

Life: It Goes On - October 11

Seems like I just did one of these. Oh, wait, I did! Can't say there's a lot to report since then but just to get back on track, I'll play again.

Playing catch up this weekend - instead of my usual chores on Thursday, I went and played with my newly retired friend. So fun to have someone to hang out with in the middle of the week. We hit up the outlet mall and happy hour and laughed a lot. Good for the soul. Not so much for the carpet that needed to be vacuumed!

Miss H has been around all weekend so we've had a lot of girl time. She brought a load of stuff back home on Friday so a good chunk of time has been spent find all of that a new home. It sure can't go back where it came from since her room is my office now! I'm already missing having a guest bedroom and bathroom. Good thing I like these kids.

This Week I'm:

Listening To: I'll finish up Room tomorrow. Did you know that it's been made into a movie? I just found that out the other day. I'll be interested to see how they manage that since the book is told from a 5-year-old's point of view.

Watching: Yep, you guessed it - baseball and football.  And The Voice.

Reading: Plugging away at The Determined Heart. I'm learning a lot (that Lord Byron - boy, is there a guy who lived by his own rules!) but I'm having a hard time really getting pulled into the book. I think it could have been a little tighter and I would be enjoying it more. I'm going to try to get it finished today because I have a couple of big books I need to read in the next week.

Making: I've been far more productive in the kitchen the past few days: rhubarb pie, monster cookies, short ribs, fettuccine alfredo. I even took all of the bread crusts and loaf ends I've been saving and made bread crumbs. Managed, while doing that, to fling bread crumbs and chunks all over the kitchen, down my shirt, into my hair. No one in the room to laugh at me so I had to laugh at myself.

Planning: On fully turning my guest room into Miss H's room this week. She'll be back in just a couple more weeks so I need to move some furniture out to make room, clear out that closet and move stuff from the closet in her old room into her new room. I will just get the house fully settled back to having the two kids back in it and they will both move out again. This is my life!

Grateful for:  The beautiful fall days we've been having - cool in the mornings, warm enough later to eat outside. Basically, it's the season when we were shorts and sweaters in the same day.

Enjoying:  Lots of time with friends and family (including brunch today to see my niece who's been out of town for a couple of months and headed back off today) this week, blended with just enough quiet time to keep this introvert content.

Feeling: Sore. I keep my stress level during Husker football games down by working around the house. Let's just say, yesterday was a very productive day around here so I should be happy about that. I would rather have had a win.

Looking forward to: Omaha Lit Fest next weekend! Emily St. John Mandel, Jennie Shortridge, Joy Castro and whisky tastings - gonna be a good time!

3 comments:

  1. I'd love to watch the movie Room. I wasn't a huge fan of the book but it was interesting and cleverly written. The movie could be a treat to watch for literary reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do the same thing when watching Auburn football! I have to keep busy or I'll go crazy! Good luck getting your guest room turned back into a full time bedroom. I can imagine all the coming and going is hard to get used to. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to soak up some kitchen inspiration from you! I've been a cooking deadbeat. Pulled out a pork loin for tomorrow just now. lol

    ReplyDelete