Sunday, October 9, 2016

Life: It Goes On - October 9

Well, the day my family's been waiting on for almost a year has come and gone, filling us with wonderful memories. My beautiful niece got married to a guy we all think is absolutely perfect for her. The wedding was beautiful, we all had so much fun at the reception, and, other than some broken boutonnieres and a party bus that broke down before the wedding party even boarded it, everything went off perfectly. We are so happy for both of them!

This Week I'm:

Listening To: I started Stewart O'Nan's West of Sunset and I'm really enjoying the writing and the narration. I also knocked off some podcasts during workouts and the ride home today.

Watching: Football and baseball are keeping me sane.

Reading: Lady Cop Makes Trouble when I can get my hands on the iPad; I'm going to start Megan Abbott's You Will Know Me for when I can't. I think it's one that will work for the R.I.P. challenge and it's time to get it read and reviewed.

Making: Things? I'm sure I made some food this week. The only thing I can remember is a coffee cake.

Planning: Um, things? I'm a little bit slow tonight and can't really think any further than getting myself to bed soon.

Thinking About: Ulcerated corneas. Mini-him managed to do just that Thursday night and spent the weekend a bit miserable with that and even in the emergency room while we were out of town Friday night. On the plus side, on him that eye patch looks good!

Enjoying: Watching my brother walk his little girl down the aisle. Mugging it up with my family in the photo booth at the wedding. Seeing my little girl cutting loose last night after having done such a great job as one of my niece's personal attendants.

Feeling: A happy afterglow from the great weekend but tired. Didn't sleep well the past couple of nights and have been going on high this weekend. Wish I was as lucky as Miss H and got Columbus Day off!

Looking forward to: Nothing big in the coming week. Which is just fine with me. 

Question of the week: I got a lot of great ideas for things Mini-me and Miss S might be able to use for their wedding next summer (which will be here before we know it!). Do you have any great suggestions for an outside wedding?

5 comments:

  1. That wedding WILL be here before you know it! How exciting. And your niece looks so lovely...and really I think the eye patch is a good look for Mini-Him. Hope his eye is feeling better soon, though.

    Hopefully today is a slow day for you. I'm in the office this morning but am about to go pick up the big little for the rest of the day. I guess now begins the working mom juggle of when kids are out of school but work is still open. Eeeeep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely- aren't family weddings wonderful?! So glad everything went well- despite the ulcerated cornea (ouch!).

    Have fun reading You Will Know Me- Abbott is great for can't-stop-reading books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like the wedding was beautiful, Lisa. Something always has to go wrong, but in the scheme of things, it just makes for a better story to tell down the road that everyone can laugh about. I hope you are enjoying Lady Cop Makes Trouble. I am reading that one too. I had hoped to be done with it by now, but my brother and his wife were in town and my reading slowed down to nothing (other than children's books).

    Ouch! I am so sorry to hear about your son's eye. I hope it heals quickly.

    My wedding was so long ago . . . It was outdoors in a rose garden with a gazebo. Very pretty setting. I don't remember it much though because I was so full of nerves for the wedding. LOL It's a shame too because the site was torn down a couple years after.

    I hope you are enjoying your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked West of Sunset. Made me want to read Gatsby again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The wedding sounds beautiful! So glad it went mostly smoothly! I have to get to Lady Cop Makes Trouble soon. I am very behind on my review reading right now.

    ReplyDelete