Sunday, December 10, 2017

Life: It Goes On - December 10


What a quiet week it's been. I wasn't feeling well for much of the week; just a cold and it wasn't the worst cold I've ever had by any means, but I just felt out of it much of the week. I did have dinner with a friend Tuesday night that ended with me getting home at 10:30!

I finished the Christmas decorating on Monday; the Christmas cards are, finally, ordered and will go out in the mail this week; and the shopping is almost finished. Still, I can hardly believe that it will be Christmas Eve two weeks from today!

This Week I'm:

Listening To: Mostly music, a lot of which is from my Spotify play list. It's helping me to be in the holiday mood.

Watching: I stayed up until after two last night (this morning?!) just so I could watch It's A Wonderful Life. It doesn't feel like Christmas until I've watched it and I haven't caught it the past couple of years.

Reading: Not much, I'm afraid to say. Hence, no book reviews this past week. I'll finish The Wife, The Maid, And The Mistress for book club this week and then I'll finally finish Pachinko. Then it's on to The Revolution of Marina M by Janet Fitch which I'm reading with a friend. At 800+ pages, it'll likely be the last book I read of 2017.

Making: I have a pork roast in the oven and will later make chicken noodle soup for later this week. The Christmas baking is in full swing - yesterday was Oreo truffles, today is Bavarian mints and puppy chow. I'll bake cookies in a couple of days so we can FaceTime frost cookies next weekend with Mini-me and Mrs. S. That was so much fun last year; it almost felt like they were with us. Except I couldn't send Mini-me to the steps to calm down which is a tradition that goes back to the years when his brother could get him so wound up he couldn't stop laughing.

Planning: On getting the Christmas cards mailed this week, finishing the the Christmas goodies (spritz cookies and dipped pretzels are yet to be done), and finishing up the shopping for those I need to get gifts shipped of to so those can get mailed this week.

Thinking About: It's all Christmas all of the time for the next couple of weeks around here.

Enjoying: Feeling like I may have won a argument with BG. May have. It will all hinge on whether or not we can find a new rug for our family room. If we can, I get furniture rearranged that I've been wanting done for months. Marriage is all about the negotiations!

Feeling: Like I nailed it at BG's Christmas party on Friday night. It was my first party with the company he's at now and I always stress before hand about what to wear, being in a room full of people I don't know, and having to meet the boss. I wish we'd gotten a picture of the two of us - we looked good!

Looking forward to: Book club on Tuesday.

Question of the week: What are your must-have's for the holidays?

4 comments:

  1. The only must-have cookie in the family is Jim's shortbread. It is a recipe that has been handed down for generations and is one of the best shortbread cookies I have ever tasted. He makes dozens of batches of it every year, as he sends it to his siblings and mother and we often give it as gifts throughout the season. My kids are not really into the cookie tradition and never have been no matter how much I have tried.

    The only other must-have for the holidays is a non-traditional Christmas Day meal. Easier to prepare and the entire family enjoys it more that your traditional turkey, ham, goose, or duck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun but busy week! We've been baking like crazy too! Here's to a fun holiday week full of love and laughter and maybe some good reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see Pachinko everywhere.. Very curious about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't a clue what to wear to the Christmas party I am going to on Saturday. I want to wear jeans and a dressy top but I am not sure that will fly.

    We normally watch It's a Wonderful Life on Christmas Eve but we may watch it earlier because I always fall asleep for a little bit of it. I used to hate that movie. Seriously. Did not like Donna Reed and how pushy she was. But now I love it.

    ReplyDelete