Sunday, December 3, 2017

Life: It Goes On - December 3


We went down to see this year's version of the above. There will be the obligatory of it later in this post. It was a beautiful evening, especially considering that it's December and I only had to wear a jacket, and the lights are beautiful so it was well worth doing. But one of the main reasons I wanted to go downtown was to help me get in the Christmas mood. It's been tough, given that it hasn't been in the least wintery...yet. I don't know who you do it in places that don't really have winter. Anyway, instead of a lovely brass ensemble playing Christmas music or even Santa with his music grinder (I kid you not, we've seen that), they had a old-time rock band playing. And not acoustically. It was very disconcerting and disappointing. So I'm just going to have to create my own festive mood as I finish decorating today. Eggnog and Nat King Cole to the rescue!

This Week I'm:

Listening To: I've been turning on my Spotify songs and just letting them shuffle play. There have been some strange juxtapositions!

Watching: Volleyball, football, The Voice, and, last night, I stayed up late to watch About A Boy.

Reading: See sidebar. Which will probably not change all week. Seems I'm in another reading slump. Or too distracted to focus on reading and too busy spending time writing, calling, and faxing my Senators and Congressman.

Making: I haven't really made anything this week. The Big  Guy's been making dinner or we've been eating out. The only meal I think I made this week was breakfast for dinner one night, including egg clouds.

Planning: On finishing the decorating and ordering Christmas cards today and getting as much shopping finished up this week as possible.

Thinking About: My week's been spent thinking about Miss H has she's been on her trip this week. I'm so knocked out by her fearlessness. She'll be home later today and I will be able to relax; but, I've enjoyed getting to travel along with her via phone and social media. She's had quite a great time.

Enjoying: The stroll through the mall in downtown Omaha and drinks with friends on Friday.

Feeling: Happy to have added a new stocking to my mantel this year for Mrs. S. I'm still trying to find a stocking hook that I like, though!

Looking forward to: Dinner and drinks with a former coworker/friend on Tuesday. NOT looking forward to BG's company's holiday party. I HATE those things!

Question of the week: What are your favorite holiday season activities?


4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful holiday scene! That is too bad the music wasn't more suitable for the environment. I managed to get my Christmas cards in the mail on Friday--although I had to order more for local folks that I'm waiting on. At least I don't have to mail those and can wait until they arrive. I hope you are able to find time to read. I know it will be challenging for me this month as well. So much going on . . . And my brain is going a mile a minute. I hope you have a great week, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cards are going in the mail on Monday. All my presents are ordered and on their way. The tree is in the process of being decorated right now. I can't say that I am in the mood for the holidays quite yet, but I am certainly prepared for them earlier than I have ever been. Now, I just need the weather to turn cold. These 50/60F degree days are bizarre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been in a reading slump too. The state of our country has been stressing me out so I too stay up late and just binge watch TV or movies. But I'm trying to stay positive and enjoy this time of year with my little guy. I love decorating and baking this time of year and enjoying some family traditions. Holiday songs keep me calm and uplifted as well.

    Enjoy your week despite everything! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Work Holiday Parties can be a real drag. I heard this year that a lot of companies are doing a "no booze" bar to minimize the potential for bad behavior and sexual harassment.

    I have a lot of fave holiday things, one of which is a very nice dinner out on Christmas evening. We changed the restaurant last year after our normal restaurant changed their holiday menu. But last year's restaurant was to die for. Their prime rib was sooooo good that my kids had three servings. I just made that reservation yesterday and right after dinner we will see the new Star Wars movie.

    Another fave is something we had to skip last year because none of the dates worked but we are taking our friends with Downs to see the Christmas lights again. My son won't be able to join us but it's a hoot driving these two around. I have to bake special cookies for them because one year I made different cookies and they both never let me forget it.

    ReplyDelete