Thursday, February 20, 2020

Lit: Uniquely Portable Magic - It's All About Feelings!

I've been so busy reading and writing reviews lately that I haven't taken the time to catch up on some on the bookish news I've been saving to read. As usually, I thought I'd some some with you. I actually had over 100 bookish links saved on Facebook! I've cleaned some up, read some, and put together some topics I'll be sharing with you in the next couple of weeks. This week, it's all about the books that make us feel things.


If you're really feeling like you could use a good cry, Book Riot has put together a list of 100 Must-Read Sad Books That Make You Cry. 100. That is a lot of tears. Quite a few of the ones I've read have actually made me cry and I rarely cry when I'm reading. I am a little disappointed that Little Women isn't on the Children's part of the list.

And if that's not enough, Bustle has put together a list of 12 Devastating Fiction Books To Read if You're Looking For Something Truly Grim. There are certainly a couple here that broke me.

After all of that, you might be ready for some laughs. NPR put together this list of Funny Books in August 2019. I don't really think of myself as reading a lot of funny books but I have actually read 19 of these.

Now, if you want to both laugh and cry, Book Riot has also put together a list of 8 Tragicomic Memoirs To Make You Laugh and Cry.

That's it for this week. Next week, I'm going to hit you with a whole lot of historical fiction lists!





2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing these links with us! I'm going to check them out.

    ReplyDelete