Sunday, February 10, 2019

Life: It Goes On - February 10

It's snowing. Again. I am so over winter. Over the cold. Over the bad roads. Over worrying about my family out on the bad roads. I'm annoyed that I've reached the point of winter where, when the temperatures are in the twenties, we say it is "not too bad out." When I take down the touches of red and the hearts I put out for Valentine's Day, spring is going to be creeping in around here. I'm not going to put all of the snowmen away, though; that's tempting fate even when I wait until the end of March to do it!

Last Week I:

Listened To: I finished Gillian Flynn's Dark Places and I'll go back to David Sedaris' When You Are Engulfed In Flames, which we started last weekend on our trip.

Real versus movie Cheney
Watched: We went to see Vice last night and were both blown away by Christian Bale's performance and by transformation makeup team did to make him look like Dick Cheney. All of the performances were great (although I did have a hard time separating Steven Carell's Donald Rumsfeld from some of Carell's zanier character's, at times). It's an eye-opener of a movie, if even a fraction of it is true (and it seems to be fairly well based on fact). Cheney comes off as a manipulative, dangerous, power-hungry man. Who also happens to be a loving family man.

Read: I raced through The Accidental Further Adventures of the 100-Year-Old Man, partly because I had to get a review written for Friday but also because it was just that much fun. I read enough of it to the hubby to convince him to pick it up next.

Made: Chicken and stuffing casserole, lobster pasta, taco salad, beef/vegetable soup - we were mixing it up this week.

Sookie likes the recliner, too!
Enjoyed: Our new recliner. The Big Guy's been begging for years for a new recliner but I really, really don't like the look of most of them. Or want to pay the price they want for the ones I have found that I like. But I liked the look of the recliners Sarah, of Sarah Joy, bought a couple of months ago and when she posted her review of the recliners last week, I ordered one. If we like it as much as she likes hers, we'll probably order a second one. Then all three of us will be able to stretch out at the same time and no more whining about who gets the comfy seat!

This Week I’m: 

Planning: On finally getting Miss H's room put back together. Although, maybe not entirely. Turns out we don't actually have any of the paint left from the top part of her walls. So all of the spackling I filled holes with will just be white spots on her walls while we figure out if we want to try to color match some more paint of just repaint the top part of her walls a different color.

Thinking About: How much I need to get done around here after spending the better part of last week's evenings doing taxes.

Feeling: Conflicted. On the one hand, I raced through Tidying Up with Marie Kondo and was all geared up to purge things from this place. On the other hand, my Instagram feed is filled with squares from people who create the most amazing places with things they've thrifted and picked. I so want to head to the thrift stores - both to drop off bags of stuff I don't need but also to look for new things I do "need!"

Looking forward to: A more relaxed week.

Question of the week: How are you all surviving winter? It seems like even the places that are normally warm are getting snow or unusually cold temperatures!

2 comments:

  1. I've got a stack of books to sell at the local used bookstore but I've been hesitant because I figure they're jammed with all the books people have Marie Kondo'd out! I may wait a few months! I read the book awhile ago and it did help me get rid of some stuff I was holding onto for no reason but I don't feel a big push to declutter (except in my closet which is out of control) much. I feel the pain on the recliner search and am glad you found one! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok. Now I have to have these chairs.

    ReplyDelete