Sunday, August 29, 2021

Life: It Goes On - August 29

One last time for my summer picture for these posts. I know that, technically, it's still summer until September 22; but, even for me, summer is over next weekend. I'm bummed that it's been such a hot summer that we haven't spent nearly as much time on the patio as I would have liked. To be honest, I'm a little bummed that we aren't forced to stay home and spend time there like we had to last year. It's my happy place and I'm so hoping that the fall is long and temperate enough that we can spend a lot more time outside. 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: I started Stacy Abrams' While Justice Sleeps. I had no idea that Abrams was once, among all of the other things that she has been, a writer of romance novels. Heck, I didn't know, until my sister-in-law brought it to my attention, that Abrams is a fiction writer of any kind. So far, there's a lot going on and I'm having to work to keep track of the players and the details of the plot. 

Watched:
 Football, volleyball, and a ridiculous number of Instagram reels and stories. 

Read: I finished Reese Witherspoon's latest book club pick, The Paper Palace and am now reading Deer Season for an upcoming TLC Book Tours review. Of course I accepted it for review when I saw that it was set in Nebraska but I really got excited about it when I saw that it was published by the University of Nebraska Press. 

Made: More southwestern salad, caprese salad on pasta, BLT salads - if I can avoid turning the oven on, I'm doing it! Today I'm making regular and vegan versions of caprese salad and of cucumber dip. We're grilling and keeping it light and summery. 

Enjoyed: Dinner with work friends Wednesday, happy hour with friends Friday, and time with Mini-me. Mini-me is here! He got in late Friday and he and I sat up talking until 1:30 a.m. He's trying to see a lot of friends before their move, as well as spending time with my dad who will be here for dinner tomorrow. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: I'm accidentally getting Better Homes and Gardens and saw a purple and green color palette that really caught my eye. Completely unlike anything in my house except the purple stripe around the guest room that used to be Miss H's room. As I was cleaning that room before Mini-me got here, I was thinking it desperately needed a paint job and some character. That article and the purple stripe may just be my jumping off point for a room redo; the question is just how bold I'm willing to go. 

Thinking About: Cleaning. Deep cleaning. I'm putting in an order of nothing but cleaning products today. I took my shower doors off the track today and deep cleaned them. I have no idea what's come over me but I hope it lasts long enough for me to make a difference around here!

Feeling: Content. 

Looking forward to: Next weekend. 

Question of the week: As much as I'm clinging to summer, there's a part of me that must be preparing for fall if I'm starting to deep clean. I always do a deep clean in the spring and the fall. Are you a fall deep cleaner, too? 

2 comments:

  1. I'll pay you to come deep clean my house! lol. I am not a deep cleaner, that's for sure. I will pay someone to come do that when I move...
    I'm already thinking about fall and which horror books I'm going to read and how I'll decorate after Labor Day!
    I have been wanting to read Stacey Abrams new book since it came out. I look forward to your review.
    Glad you have Mini-Me here for a bit. Looks like things are going all right right now! So happy to hear. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I have to clean, I'd really rather deep clean - it's much more satisfying. But finding the time for it is a trick!

    ReplyDelete