Sunday, September 26, 2021

Life: It Goes On - September 26

Happy Sunday! It's definitely feeling like fall in Omaha this past week but I think we're headed back to summer temps this week. I love that this time of year - the mornings are still cool and it cools back off pretty early in the evening. Plus it keeps my flowers blooming; my cosmos decided just this past week to finally start blooming and it's going to be so pretty on my patio in the coming few weeks if the weather holds. 

We're headed off to have lunch with my dad soon and there's not much to report from here so I'll be brief today!

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: I finished We Were Never Here and started Nathan Harris' The Sweetness of Water

Watched:
 Football. Lots of football. Yesterday I was back to have college football on in the background all day as I got things done around the house. 

Read: Colson Whitehead's Harlem Shuffle which is so good. I need to get that finished up because I picked up a library hold Friday. 

Made: A couple of Molly Yeh's (Girl Meets Farm) recipes - Funeral Hot Dish (what a terrible name!) and a romaine salad. The hot dish was good but neither of us was a fan of the dressing on the salad. 

Enjoyed: Book club Tuesday. We had such a good conversation about the book (You'll Never Believe What Happened To Lacey) and racism. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: More laundry stripping, more deep cleaning, more putting the house back in order. 

Thinking About:
 
What to read for RIP XVI. It started in September but I'm always late to that party. I'm thinking it's finally time to pick up Wilke Collins' The Woman In White

Feeling: Relaxed. I got a lot done around the house yesterday so I'm feeling less weighed down by the to-do list today. 

Looking forward to: A friend who lives in Arizona is coming to town this week and I'm looking forward to seeing her for the first time in three years. 

Question of the week: Do you have any Halloween, spooky-type read recommendations for me? 

2 comments:

  1. I have Harlem Shuffle but someone else told me it's tough to get through. Which, put me off of it. I am cheered to know that you are enjoying it.

    Halloween reads. My RIP reading is slow because none of the books I had planned to read came in from the library. I am reading a mystery right now which counts and it's good but not spooky at all. The Night She Disappeared by Lisa Jewel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Woman in White has been on my list for awhile now. I hope you get to it this next month. I just read The Woman in Black by Susan Hill and I really enjoyed that. I think you'd like Simone St. James' books. Mysteries with a bit of ghosts and two time periods coming together in the end. The Broken Girls and the Sun Down Motel.

    I hope you have a lovely visit with your friend this week!

    ReplyDelete