Sunday, October 9, 2022

Life: It Goes On - October 9

Happy Sunday! I'm happy to report that, after a couple of cold days, it's a beautiful, warm, sunny day here. I've got the windows thrown open and am enjoying the breeze coming in as I type. It is no where near this colorful here yet but we're getting there. Outside I've to the pumpkins adorning the front porch, inside I've got the pumpkins...well, everywhere. I'm trying to embrace fall and ignore what follows. 

Last Week I: 

 Listened To: I finished listening to Wilkie Collins' The Woman In White on Thursday. Friday I started The Phantom of The Opera, which is my book club's read for October and our classic for the year. I'm listening on Librivox and, while the gentleman reading the book is perfectly competent, I'm missing the polished readers I've grown accustomed to hearing. 

Watched: It's fall, so this piece is pretty much the same week after week. Got up and started watching football at 8:30 this morning, although the Packers made me regret it. 

Read: I'm still reading Lian Dolan's Lost and Found In Paris

Made: Strawberry/rhubarb/custard pie to have with my dad yesterday. It wasn't my best pie and I'm beginning to wonder if I've lost my touch.

Enjoyed: Dinner out with friends last night. I may have had too much wine (ok, I did have too much wine) but I still managed to behave myself. I'm sure there's a point where my friend and I would run out of things to talk about but we don't know yet how many hours that might be yet. 

This Week I’m:  

Planning: We are under two weeks until my dad's big move so this week is about getting some things he needs for the new place ordered and trying to keep up with my house since the next two weekends will be filled with packing and moving. 

Thinking About: In two weeks I'll have a piano in my front room and I'm excited to think about re-teaching myself to play. I anticipate being frustrated in the beginning but I'm looking forward to being able to pour my feelings into music again. 

Feeling: We got some very exciting news at work on Friday, landing a very big account. I'm feeling pretty proud of the part I played in helping seal the deal. 

Looking forward to: Book club on Tuesday. 

Quote of the week: “There are things that we never want to let go of, people we never want to leave behind. But keep in mind that letting go isn’t the end of the world, it’s the beginning of a new life.” -Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment